Notices

The more I hear others...

Old 01-03-2010, 03:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The more I hear others...

The more I realise how different I think when it comes to booze!!

It has been interesting being in my current job in more ways than one. I have been Sober throughout the whole of my employment and no-one there has ever known/seen me when I was back drinking. I am very gratefull for that too as it's so much more rewarding for my soul to not have to be tainted and tarnished by being seen in my past drunken states. I have a reputation as a good guy (I think!!LOL) and am respected. My attitute towards my job has been soooo different because I am in 'recovery'. I probably wouldn't even be working there now if I was still drinking and drugging as it was literally like my whole attitute towards work and the role of management and company policies etc was completely different.I am actually gratefull to be in employment now whereas when I was drinking/drugging I was of the mindset that I was just getting screwed whils't top directors were making all the money. Like I say I have a very good attitute now thanks to 'recovery' from my alclholism/drug addiction.

What makes me smile is listening to work peers talking about drinking and stuff. The more I hear them I just think, how different I am to you and how I'm glad you don't have to witness it!! haha. They are all so 'nice' but I ain't! LOL.

Like talking about how they can only drink pints of beer and not spirits and how they can handle their booze etc when all the time I know that it's cause they only drink untill they feel the control starting to slip and can then just stop.
Also how they were bought booze for christmas and are talking about drinking it in a few weeks at a party etc. I mean wtf, if I bought booze it was to drank immediately and the whole lot would all go, even if it was a 750ml bottle of Whiskey I would clear the lot inevitably and couldn't see any other way. Thats just the way I am and I know that, when it comes to booze and drugs I am different to most, there is a hardened minority that I would try to seek out to drink with but I even was finding that they weren't drinking like I was, the next hardened minority was the street drinkers/tramps so I knew I had to get out whilst I could.

Gratefull that I did and I am starting to be able to look at my views on my drinking with a rye smile rather than a haunting yearning to be able to do it again.

I know I am an alcoholic, for that there is no doubt whatsoever, most people just don't think like I do about booze/drugs and I just accept that and rather than trying to seek out the low-life that do I just accept that the rewards out of what I have gotten from not touching a drop in 6 months and working on my recovery vastly outweigh anything I would get from a drink, by a million percent!!!!

Peace and Love xxx
Old 01-03-2010, 04:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Neo
I enjoyed your post.
Dub
Old 01-03-2010, 04:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well Put Neo.

Mark
Old 01-03-2010, 04:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know I am an alcoholic, for that there is no doubt whatsoever, most people just don't think like I do about booze/drugs and I just accept that and rather than trying to seek out the low-life that do I just accept that the rewards out of what I have gotten from not touching a drop in 6 months and working on my recovery vastly outweigh anything I would get from a drink, by a million percent!!!! (Neo)

That is my favorite part. especially 'most people just dont think like I do'. Reminds me of me. Thanks again my friend. So true.
dub
Old 01-03-2010, 06:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good story, Neo. Thanks. Also, congrats on your 6 months of sobriety.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KenL View Post
Good story, Neo. Thanks. Also, congrats on your 6 months of sobriety.
nice clothes dude- that collar rocks! try to get outside some, you could use some sun. or maybe not.
dub