Notices

Thoughts

Old 12-31-2009, 03:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thoughts

I want to wish everyone a happy, peaceful and joyous New Year!

This New Year's Eve I feel lighter and more peaceful than ever. I have to say that, as trite as it sounds, recovery work is hard. I have been surprised that I have been peeling away layer after layer, as years have gone by. This New Year's Eve, I recognize that I have left behind a lot of baggage, a lot of stuff I wanted and needed to let go of. I am by no means finished, by I am patting myself on the back for getting this far.

Please know, each and everyone of you, that you are exactly where you should be. Things are revealed to us as we recover, when we are ready and able to deal with them. I fully believe this.

Hugs and Love to all my Friends!

Old 12-31-2009, 03:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank YOU Anna and happy 2010 to YOU!! Thanks again for being such a vital person around here. I learn a lot from your posts and I am just plain grateful to be a part of a community where people give back with such open hearts. Love you all!!
Old 12-31-2009, 03:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Anna

I feel excited - I feel I'm right where I'm supposed to be too - and that there's a whole vista of opportunities waiting for me this year

Can't wait!

D
Old 12-31-2009, 03:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Happy new year to you!
Old 12-31-2009, 03:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Anna, I'm glad you shared that. I've cast aside alot of my baggage this past year & it's made all the difference. I was definitely held back by lugging it around. I couldn't seem to give myself permission to be happy, but that's all changed. I'm not going to waste another year wallowing around in regret. We got well to feel joy and hope again & that's what I intend to do.

There's nothing quite like this place anywhere. I've never reached out with a problem that I haven't had several perfect responses that were just what I needed to hear. I'm exactly where I should be - I like the sound of that, Anna.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hey Dee - how's 2010 going so far?
Old 12-31-2009, 04:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Happy New Year to you as well!

Hope it's filled with all the joys of "Dancing in the Light" under this Blue Moon!

You're so right that we're exactly where we're meant to be. I initially thought I 'stumbled' upon SR recently - the truth is that I was divinely guided here and I'm very grateful.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
For much of this year I foolishly wasted too much time worrying about financial issues instead of focusing on everything good in my life.

This has actually been the best year I've ever had, every year in recovery seems that way, it just amazes me and it seems like there's no end to the spiritual gifts. I married my best friend, we have a beautiful home, a wonderful family, and a terrific life ahead of us. That's the only thing that should be on my mind.

As the year closes, my connection to God is growing stronger, my faith is strengthening, I feel secure wrapped in His loving arms.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Please know, each and everyone of you, that you are exactly where you should be. Things are revealed to us as we recover, when we are ready and able to deal with them. I fully believe this.
This is something I struggle with because of my lack of patience, but I fully believe it as well. Things take time, and I must sit back and accept this; give the process the time it needs.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and have a happy and healthy new year.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Thanks for this.

I truly believe this too and it's so comforting.

I also suspect my alcoholism knows this too, which is why it tries to put up a little resistance every now and again!!

peace x