Notices

All Set... Thankyou.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

All Set... Thankyou.

So, it's the night before xmas eve and I am all set for a sober xmas. I am feeling remarkably good about it in all honesty and for me to be able to say that is somewhat remarkable. I have had a brief low-mood tonight but nothing too bad considering. I have snapped myself out of any thought of self-pity and I am ready to bed down. I am literlly going to be keeping my head down over this festive period and just ploughing through them days one day at a time, keeping sober.

I wish to thank SR.

It is so easy to get caught up in recovery and spout on about AA etc but without SR I would have not been where I am now. Approaching 6 months sober and not worried about facing a sober xmas. I know that what I am doing now is the right thing to do and for the sake of staying away from them bright lights and dizzy heights I am making my future so much easier on myself. Who am I kidding anyway... I couldn't give a crap really about all the social partying and nice-girlies all dressed up as when it comes down to it I just wanna get loaded and get them drugs in my system. That was always my priority and the rest came second.

I know that now and I am so grateful for having SR help get me to where i am now, as this time last year I was unemployed, Banned from driving, feeling hopeless and drinking weren't really making the situation any better.

Thanks SR and all of the team, the good people who inspire me and post and I wish you all a happy Christmas!!

Peace, Love and Good Happiness stuff xxx
Old 12-23-2009, 03:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

merry christmas Neo

D
Old 12-23-2009, 06:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Many of us keep our 'head down over this festive' time. That just means we're smart enough to know we need to do it.

Congratulations on your sober holiday.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Neo, that's a great post!

It's clear that you have come a long way in your recovery and getting through Christmas and remaining sober, will add to your journey.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for your messages x
Old 12-24-2009, 03:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
not little, a stranger no more

Great post Neo,
Just read your post as I am getting ready to drive home for the holidays.
I can for sure relate to this:
I know that what I am doing now is the right thing to do and for the sake of staying away from them bright lights and dizzy heights I am making my future so much easier on myself.
as well as to to the rest of your post.
Merry Christmas to you Neo and all the people at SR!