Notices

Temp. Online Sponsor?

Old 12-22-2009, 01:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

Temp. Online Sponsor?

Is there such a thing as a temp online sponsor until I have the nerve to go to AA or back to NA which I went to years ago but at this point I need AA more for sure when back then is def. needed Na honestly I need both.

I need someone to help me NOW that understands b/c my husband doesnt, of course as you all heard 100 million times no one does but all of you do.

Is there anyone out there with some clean time that can help me?

I will prob post this is the NA board to see if anyone resonds.

Thank you,
Dreams
Old 12-22-2009, 03:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I personally am willing to share my recovery with you. NA has taught me to give away what I have in order to keep it. I am open to any questions or concerns you may have. You are free to send private messeges, too. It was most beneficial to me to make the effort to get to meetings and find a sponsor face to face. When I became willing enough to take action (attend meetings, get the phone numbers and get to know other women in recovery) I found a sponsor to the best of my ability.

I have used the internet to suppliment my locally active involvement. I have received guidance and second opinions online periodically since I got clean. However, I have always had a sponsor in person.

There is no reason why I cannot attend local meetings and built direct relationships with other recovering addicts in my area. Attending different meeting groups and also, fellowshipping has been a key part in learning how to live a new way.

For me personally, if Im to be fully honest, if I am only using online help, Im not really working the NA program to the best of my ability. It would mean I am isolating or attempting to hide something.

By all means use this forum to learn about and get to know some of us in recovery!

Have you obtained a meeting schedule?

Peace,
Missy
Old 12-22-2009, 04:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have almost 21 months clean and I'm available to be part of your on-line support group! I hope you get the chance to go to some face-to-face meetings in the near future, but until then, I'm here for you, too!

Love,
KJ
Old 12-23-2009, 10:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Women Do Recover!

And of course I would most certainly be willing to share my experience, strength and hope with you. IM me if you would like.

Diana
5-17-92
Old 12-26-2009, 12:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm around if you ever need to trade PMs. Take Care,
Weeza
Nov 1991
Old 04-09-2010, 08:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Can you please help me? I have been clean for 7 and half months...
Old 04-09-2010, 01:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Welcome Sassy and Dreams!

I too am available to help w/ online support. I have almost 6 months clean. I did have to step out myself and get to a meeting and meeting my current sponsor was the biggest blessing in my life. Not only is she a sponsor, but a friend and a sister too. I know it is majorily scary to get out there and get to that first meeting, but you can do it! Blessings, Sheila
Old 04-10-2010, 03:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Here are a few things to consider...

All sponsors are temporary, in that the relationships are most likely not going to last till death do you part. Most people go through many sponsors over time. 'That is not a bad thing, each sponsor has something different to offer.

People tend to talk about and think about "temporary sponsors" as if it's a lesser thing, but they may go through 5 sponsors in one year for various reasons, but they didn't use the label temporary, so for them it's ok.

There are many people with local face to face sponsors who see them rarely, talk to them infrequently and aren't working the program. The fact that a person interacts with their sponsor primarily on line and on the phone doesn't automatically mean their situation is necessarily poorer than one with a face to face sponsor.

I had a sponsor I met on line for a while. We chatted online and on the phone usually more than once a day. I was working steps, I had friends in recovery who had "face to face" sponsors who they never got together with and didn't do stepwork with...some of those same people ragged on me for having an "online" sponsor...go figure

Your own dedication, effort and committment to recovery and your program is what will determine your recovery. Use the tools that are available to you.

There are many "anonymous" groups out there that have nothing like local meetings in most localities. Nearly ALL their members have online/phone sponsors, and people do recover.

don't let the opinions of others keep you from moving forward in YOUR recovery.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am here also. Feel free to add me as a friend and PM me.
I had a sponsor from NA for 12 years. She got terminally ill. I have been flying 'solo' for almost two years. I found a new sponsor and then after several months she stated, we can be friends. So I am back to sticking my hand up at meetings. We are all working on the present 24 hours. I would gladly listen and offer any help. Someone has always been there for me! Hugs to you.
Clean date: 4-13-96
Old 04-23-2010, 06:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

IM me if you need.
Joe H
9/9/84
Old 04-23-2010, 10:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Evolving Addict

I'm here too. Just holla if you need me.

Garry W.
Clean since 8/24/98
Old 04-23-2010, 11:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

I think the first thing I'd do as a temporary online sponsor - Would be to have my sponsee get a sponsor.