Notices

Snowed In Here!

Old 12-20-2009, 02:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Snowed In Here!

We've been snowed in here since day Friday night. Kind of relaxing, really. I had a whole bunch of last-minute Christmas stuff to do and now I have a really good reason that I didn't get it done this weekend. To be honest, my body needed a break, so maybe it's a blessing. It sure is beautiful and Christmassy here. And there are still a few days left to shop. So I'll try to relax and just enjoy the moment. New skill for me!

Love,
KJ
Old 12-20-2009, 03:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm surrounded in snow, too! What a great opportunity to practice Acceptance! Had to ditch all of my glorious plans and sit inside and enjoy the beauty of the day.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
REZ

Getting snowed in is a lesson in acceptance, that's for sure. From 1990 to 1998 I lived in Wyoming, and we'd get snowed in at least once a year, usually for a couple of days in a row. Fighting the whole situation wasn't going to change anything or make anything any better, so I learned to make the best of it. Hope you all are safe and warm.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

20+ inches of snow here in Charlottesville,Va. It is beautiful. I enjoyed feeding the birds sunflower seeds. Yep. Very Christmasy.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have been in Mississippi all my life. I have seen it snow here maybe three times.
Old 12-21-2009, 03:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

We got the fringes of that storm, and where we live, it's just good sense that we have AWD vehicles. So, when Saturday came and it looked like we were only going to have a few inches, we didn't do anything about the party we had planned for post-meeting.

Um, when we got out on the roads (headed to our home group meeting, where folks were going to meet us and follow us home), it was, as my kids would say, pretty sketchy.

Of the 40 people we invited, only four brave souls made it (plus two little ones, two of our kids and a girlfriend). We had a grand time & enough BBQ pork leftover that I haven't cooked in two days

Hope you got dug out, kj, AL, CS.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 12-21-2009, 09:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Evolving Addict

I hear ya, KJ. Living in upstate NY, I've seen my share of being snowed in. The past few winters haven't really been that bad, but because it can and does happen (a blizzard/snow storm), it's always a good idea to keep the cabinets stocked, the furnaces well maintained, and some good movies in the library. LOL!! Enjoy it while it lasts!!
Old 12-22-2009, 10:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yeah, you're actually kind of lucky, Sug. Since they didn't all show up to your party, you got to enjoy lots of leftovers. Weeks ago, I had planned a gift-crafting party for my little nieces and nephews on Sunday. It turned out to be the day after the storm. There are 8 of them under 5 years old and almost all of them turned up! Mostly because all my siblings except one lives within walking distance and they sure were eager to get the snowbound rugrats out of their houses! We had a fun time though! I helped them to make elegant white felt holly-leaf corsages for their Moms for Christmas. They loved having a surprise for their moms. And I got rid of lots of my Christmas cookies, which was good for my figure!