update on ah

Old 12-19-2009, 12:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
grateful rca

update on ah

i just found out ah got sentenced to 5yrs, do 2, whatever that means. another prison term!!! i guess he won't be paying child support no time soon, huh. i hope he learns something from all of this and make some meaningful decisions once he gets out. i'm so glad i wasn't all caught up into him and his drama. it makes it a little easier for us the keep moving forward, i think this is so sad for him.

i told the kids and all they could say is "OH WELL"
Old 12-19-2009, 12:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Teke))) - though I'm sorry about the child support, I'm glad he's not getting out and you have more time to put that distance between you. I'm sure the "jail talk" will continue, but, for me, I could recognize it as such and was able to move on with my life a bit easier...still had a bit of sadness for my ex, but I knew he got himself there and I had to go on with MY life.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-19-2009, 09:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Was he paying child support before he went in?

Hugs Teke. You can do it without him. You already have been so it's more of the same. I know it sucks but it is what it is. God bless you and your children. They have you sweetie. Thats all they need.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((HUGS))) Teke. I think it may mean he'll serve 2 years of the sentence, then maybe be on probation for the remainder? Our state has an offender search database on the dept of corrections website and you can see their charges/sentencing/release dates. I signed up for the email alerts when it gets close to their release date... cause I didn't want to be caught off guard.

If you'd like to find if your state has a database, put your state in front of "offender seach database" or your state then dept of corrections. They may call it something else in different states. It may be a little codie seaching, but I choose to think of it as protecting myself and finding the truth, cause they tend to only see their truth.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Teke))) - GA does have that type of data base, but it will be a little while before he shows up on it (I know from experience....sigh) He will first go to Jackson, to the diagnostic center and it will depend on when there's an opening at another prison, as to how long he will be there. It will show his charges, sentence and maximum release date and earliest release date. If you need the info, just pm me.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-20-2009, 03:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Hi Teke,

Sounds like you are accepting the circumstance.

Will he learn from this experience? I doubt it.

You'll be fine.

Take care,

Dolly
Old 12-20-2009, 03:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

*from experience*

IN GA, they often double the 'time in county or city jail' - calling it 'time served, taking off that much of the time sentenced as 'credited'. So, if he 'did' six months in the county, they'd credit him with a year, or even two years, depending.

'do 2 ... means he's up for parole in two years, but was sentenced to however many and THAT is what stays in the front of the record.

Having been married to a convicted child molestor in the Great State of Georgia -
by the time he actually went to trial - he'd built up over twyenty years credit of rvarious things - was sentenced to thirty years do twenty -

he was out in under ten years.

he didn't even serve one years for every child's life he ruined.

Three guesses why I'm not in GA any more.

You're in GA - then he'll be out in no time.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry for the mess, Teke, but as others have said - you will be fine. You've been doing so well without him. Hugs
Old 12-20-2009, 09:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
grateful rca

you guys are so right. i know we'll be ok and no he hasn't paid childsupport in 2yrs now. i've basically been a single married parent the whole time anyway. you guys kind of knocked me out of my seat when you made me aware of that when i first came here.

i guess i was hopeful that at least he'd find a job soon and i could report him working myself, its a payroll deductable order.