again

Old 12-10-2009, 04:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

again

1st post . Been reading at Sr for months. short history. married to an A for 14 years. Divorced when kids were 13 and 15. Both kids are A also. Son now 39 and has been sober for 24 years. Daughter 37 and sober for 4 months. EXAH still drinking. Been married to 2nd H 23 years-- love of my life and NOT a A!! Now the problem-- 17 years grandson-- His mother and him live with us because of bad decisions she has made-- her recovery is going good But 17 years old is going down hill fast, drinking smoking weed, lieing, all the A actions. On Monday he skipped school, got drunk, and wrecked his car. So I have told him that we do not allow drinking and drugging from anyone living in our household. that if he continues he will have to leave. Now we wait for his decsion. Really want him in a program but also know that I can't make him go. Any ideas on dealing with a teenage A? Really hoping that he hits rock bottom soon so he can begin a life-- right now partying with his friends is the most important thing he does-- I know he's acting 17 and possible he will grow out of it-- but also know what alchol can do. Thanks for listenning
Old 12-10-2009, 04:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Son has been sober 14 years--
Old 12-10-2009, 04:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Welcome to the Sober Recovery family!

I'm sorry about your grandson. You will need your Alanon toolbelt again. Have you been to meetings lately?

Please make yourself at home here by posting and reading as needed.

I do recommend the permanent posts at the top of the forum (sticky posts). They contain some of our stories and wisdom.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

last nite he told me he was staying because he had no where else to go-- grounded him for at least a month and told him if he drinks or uses drugs again to pack his bag and move out-- trying to detach with love and set boundries for our house. Trying very hard to remember. I didn't cause it I can't cure it and I can't control it-- want to go to some kind of treatment but so far he isn't thinking thats a good idea-- thanks for listening