Notices

Brothers addicted to cocaine

Old 11-25-2009, 10:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Brothers addicted to cocaine

I'm at the point where I'm about to tell my parents, but its hard to say that. My brother is almost 18 and he's spending all his money and selling stuff from the house for more money (drills, my ipod, friends ipod etc that I don't know of yet).

I'm about to tell my friend that he stole and sold his ipod, he'll never be allowed over or be friends again...probably with his our friends too. Thats hard to tell a friends friend even

He was hooked on it by a friend who gave him a free line, told me he'll only do free lines only...eventually he bought it and kept doing it. I even tried half a gram just to try it out and I prefer pot...especially where its $40\half gram in Canada.

I don't know what to do, I talk to him all the time to stop it but he just calls me annoying...by how he saids it its like its not a big deal. What do I do?
Old 11-25-2009, 11:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Tell your parents. You are not being vindictive by doing so. You are helping him.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thats not easy though and I literally don't know what they'll do.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Your brothers addiction to cocaine is not going to cure itself. It's not going to go away on its own. In fact, it's only going to get worse until he quits using coke. More and more of your stuff is going to disappear. Your brother is going to get thinner and thinner. Eventually he will disappear as well as no one can hide a cocaine addiction forever. Eventually it will become obvious.

Better get a bigger lock on your door if you choose not to tell...
Old 11-25-2009, 12:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Thats how I started out. Same age, same drug. Now I am a 34 yr old crack addict with nothing to my name and struggling to save my own life.
So you see where it can lead?
I cant tell you what to do. But mine started out just like that. A free line turned into a freakin nightmare I cant seem to wake up from.
There is help out there. You can either possibly save his life by telling or hope he stops by himself. Which by the sounds of it, he has no intention on doing any time soon.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sago View Post
Thats not easy though and I literally don't know what they'll do.
If you are afraid for his safety if you tell your parents, explain.
If not, you should be afraid for his safety if you don't.

You need to do what is right for your brother. You can only do your part. He is young. He can't do this on his own and it is not your burden to carry.
:ghug3
Old 11-25-2009, 12:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Intervention, I guess. Try to get a group of people to help him and talk to him about it. Convince him that the only drug you need in your life is marijuana since it's the only safe and enjoyable one. Getting your parents involved could be a bad or good idea... depends on how you think they'd handle it. Will they go all out on him and punish him and make him suffer through a rough withdrawal period or will they carefully guide him through it? That's your call but it's really good to hear that you care about him. I've never personally done coke so I'm not sure what else to advise. If you can't do the entire situation solo, you'll need backup. Maybe try calling some hot-line for help or something. Good luck.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
Thats how I started out. Same age, same drug. Now I am a 34 yr old crack addict with nothing to my name and struggling to save my own life.
So you see where it can lead?
I cant tell you what to do. But mine started out just like that. A free line turned into a freakin nightmare I cant seem to wake up from.
There is help out there. You can either possibly save his life by telling or hope he stops by himself. Which by the sounds of it, he has no intention on doing any time soon.
I'm just curious, what made you go to crack from coke? Crack is basically the same, just smoke it eh?
Old 11-25-2009, 12:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

coke is icky
Old 11-25-2009, 02:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Originally Posted by sago View Post
I'm just curious, what made you go to crack from coke? Crack is basically the same, just smoke it eh?
It is basiclly the same but to me it was what brought me to my knees. It is stronger when smoked and keeps you high alot less time than snorting it.
I was a fiend for powder but it all went to **** when I smoked it. I wish I never ever tried it. You never see this stuff coming when you fisrt try it. I never thought I would be where I am today byjust trying it one time.
What got me smoking it was someone that was with us snorting had the bright idea to cook some of the powder up and free base. And then it was over with after that.

Sometimes you have to risk consequences to save someones life. What would you rather have? A dead brother from an od or some deal gone bad? Possibly becoming an addict for the rest of his life and locked up for who knows how long?
Or would you rather risk what your parents might do and take a chance that that might be what helps him. I am sure what your parents will do is nothing compared to what can and will happen if he keeps using.
Remember to take care of yourself too. You can help and support an addict. But it is up to them to get and stay clean. They have to want it and do the work. With the help of others of course. But most of the fott work is on them. Or us I should say. Dont make yourself sick over something you cant control.
Old 11-27-2009, 06:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Same for me....I always loved powder...loved it enough to have to wind up having septoplasty on a hole the size of a nickel in my septum. It didn't stop me from snorting.
Someone introduced me to 'smoking' coke (crack). The first time, I didn't really like it, the second time, bam! I loved it and thought to myself, "at least I can give my nose a break".
Well, for 18 months, I chased that high every day. I lied, stole from my family, and nearly bankrupted me and my husband.
That sh!t brought me down so quick. It took my soul and even though I've been clean for 14 months, it still owns apart of me. It damaged me forever.

Penny