Notices

I am leaving SR!

Old 11-23-2009, 10:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am leaving SR!

GOTCHA! It's just until next Monday. Some may already know I am going to Florida for Thanksgiving.
For those celebrating Turkey Day
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!Hope everyone is able to have a stress free or low stress holiday. I know, for many of us, holidays can be a trigger or give us the cravings to use. Please go to a meeting, talk with your sponsor, go to therapy, call a friend or family member who knows, or come to SR and get your desires out! I want us all to have a great holiday DRUG FREE!
I love you and will "see" you all next week. Unless I run into some desires of my own and I know Florida has computers! :ghug3
Old 11-23-2009, 10:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a great break, CQ

D
Old 11-24-2009, 12:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

CQ...Hope you have a wonderful time in Florida. Enjoy yourself, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Love and hugs,

Penny
Old 11-24-2009, 02:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Best wishes for an awesome holiday & prayers for your continued sobriety!!
Old 11-24-2009, 04:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

((((CQ)))

Have a great time, and wave if you go through or pass over Atlanta (driving or flying?). I'm spending Thanksgiving with my family at my stepsisters then will work the rest of the weekend.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-24-2009, 05:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Have a good thanksgiving...
Old 11-24-2009, 07:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

you got me! Happy thankgiving.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I rode with my boyfriend's friend. He drove the entire way, which I admire his fortitude on that. Plus he's a retired janitor (my new profession, LOL, but I always say cleaning lady). Which was fun trading stories and stuff, but I didn't really care for him because he used the C word a LOT. I mean A LOT. And I really hate that word! But we also went to the Turkey Run show and swap meet. Played on the beach, A LOT. I loved the water. Wasn't as warm as I was hoping, but 70 something MUCH better than the 30 something it was in Ohio when I got home at 4:30 AM Monday morning. We left at 9 AM Sunday morning. LOL. Traffic in Georgia was HORRIBLE! I was ready to jump out of the truck and ask people if they had a grill and hotdogs cause I got the pop and chips. Let's have a tailgate on the highway while we wait. hahaha..
Amazingly, people were much more patient down there. A couple of them honked if you didn't move a foot like they wanted, but most people were in great spirits and we laughed making faces at each other or miming things. I pretended to hang myself with the seatbelt and the couple behind me laughed. I also pretended to act like I was trapped and couldn't get out, which a lot of other people did too, cause we were trapped. hahaha..
I took some nice photos of Atlanta and Daytona. I also got some giant peach on a pole photo somewhere in Georgia. Can't remember where. Wanted to stop in Macon and get something silly (Macon Whoopee, Macon Bacon, ya know), but was asleep each time. hahaha. When you've got nothing to do in the back of a pick up cab... You sleep. Oddly enough the extended cab Ford F150 is a very nice place to sleep. hahaha...
OMGosh it was really nice. I NEEDED it so badly. Never thought of using once! Well, I did wanna use... ALL THOSE FRESH TOMATOES!!!! They had home grown tomatoes out the wazoo!!! I was IN HEAVEN!!!
And the lizards! Just TONS of them. In all different sizes. And squirrels in palm trees is a funny sight. Hearing "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" is also a hilarious thing in Daytona.. hahaha... Omgosh. I had sooo many laughs and so much fun.
I am SO in the Christmas Spirit right now too. After running around, dropping off t-shirts, paying my bills, and getting groceries (we went to bed 5AM, got up about noon), I went and got my tree out of my friend's garage. Along with my decorations. I hadn't put up a tree in 2-3 years. FINALLY! It feels great. Like a first Christmas or something. I know there are people worse off than me, but when you can't spend 50 bucks on Christmas, and give your kids something nice, it usually does get me down. But not this year. I am just thrilled to be having my tree up, able to put food on the table, and be drug free. I am gonna have a great Christmas with my kids. Even if all we do is sit around and trade dollar store goodies, or color, or play video games, or watch TV. I don't care.
Florida was the medicine I nEeDeD! hahaha.. Loved it. Thanks everyone!

Last edited by CarolD; 12-01-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

May God Bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
and let others do for
May you build a ladder to the stars
May you climb on every rung
And May you stay Forever Young