Notices

two weeks

Old 11-21-2009, 11:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Was lovestruck by drugs

two weeks

Two weeks today and I am sober. Life is better through a clear view. I do take one extended release ultram per day. It's killing the pain caused from my auto immune illness. NO more 15 pills per day. I am really loving feeling in control of my life now. Before I was isolating myself. Well, last week I went out for brunch with a friend and then shopping. Last night I went to the movies with a group of friends. I learned a lesson. You can have fun doing things when you are sober. I used to think that I needed to be high to have fun...all I was doing was sitting on my couch high, thinking about doing stuff. I lost a lot of friends. I am glad I have a handful left that are good, clean, people that want to go out and do things. I got invited to see a band next Friday night with a group of girls at a rotary club...I am finally starting to live again and feel joy doing things that are fun and healthy.

On the down side, today I woke up with the flu. Chills, Fever, aches, not feeling good at all. I hope it is not the swine flu. Two people at my job had it and while they stayed home I am hoping I didn't catch it. The only good thing about having the flu is it's reminding me how I felt two weeks ago while going thru withdrawl. I never want to go through that feeling again if it's not involved with the flu.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! I will be here, on my couch, drinking lots of fluids and fighting this flu!
Old 11-21-2009, 12:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

FMW....Congratulations on your two weeks....that's awesome!
I'm sorry you're sick
I hope you feel better soon.

Penny
Old 11-21-2009, 11:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

One thing I always gotta tell former narcotic abusers still in the medical requirement of taking narcotic medication - work hard to change your perception.

Unless you're some 300lb brain in a jar of brine, after only two weeks, opiates still = fun to you, even if it feels reactionary and subconscious because you are actively suppressing the idea. Work hard to always be mindful of the fact that when you are putting your medication in your mouth - you are putting your medication in your mouth - medicine - not a potential high (let's take a few ore) or wasted high (let's take a few more). Medicine = not fun. Medicine is supposed to be unpleasant and banal, not a barrel of monkeys.

Always be mindful (for now) of what you are doing (picking up bottle, "thinking, reaching, touching, grasping", opening bottle, "hearing, twisting removing", pouring pill(s) out of bottle, "feeling, thinking, catching", put pill(s) in mouth "swallowing". If the thought of "using" crosses your mind, do not fight it, let it rise to its full spectrum with all of the lies it tells you. Do not acknowledge those lies by responding to them, let them rise to their full bloom and quietly pass away. "Thinking thinking thinking".
Old 11-22-2009, 05:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Old 11-22-2009, 06:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Was lovestruck by drugs

Thanks Penny!!! I am feeling a little better today. Fever is gone! I have lots of cleaning to do, my best friend from NC is coming for two days over the Holiday.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You sound really good FMW : )

It's an incredibly great feeling to "see, smell, react" to life isn't it.
I find it mind boggling sometimes to think how much of my life has been spent in a hazy stupor - yikes!

I took my horse to a barrel race today and I had forgotten how much of an adrenaline rush it is!! I had so much fun : )

Have a great visit with your friend over the holidays!
Old 11-22-2009, 05:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats FNW

D
Old 11-22-2009, 07:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by findmyway706 View Post
Two weeks today and I am sober. Life is better through a clear view. I do take one extended release ultram per day. It's killing the pain caused from my auto immune illness. NO more 15 pills per day. I am really loving feeling in control of my life now. Before I was isolating myself. Well, last week I went out for brunch with a friend and then shopping. Last night I went to the movies with a group of friends. I learned a lesson. You can have fun doing things when you are sober. I used to think that I needed to be high to have fun...all I was doing was sitting on my couch high, thinking about doing stuff. I lost a lot of friends. I am glad I have a handful left that are good, clean, people that want to go out and do things. I got invited to see a band next Friday night with a group of girls at a rotary club...I am finally starting to live again and feel joy doing things that are fun and healthy.

wow! You hit the nail right on the head!!! You describe the way i was on dope............never getting any of my dreams fulfilled, but always thinking about it............also the isolating, the not thinking that life could be fun outside of using..

There is lots of fun in life being clean, but somehow we just forgot, i guess

Congrats on your 2 weeks !!!!!!!!!