Notices

I'm Still Alive & Sober

Old 11-18-2009, 02:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Punka**

I'm Still Alive & Sober

Hey guys!

Wow, it's been forever since I've been here.

I just got my internet back, and thought I'd check in to say hello.

If it weren't for this site and forum, and a lot of the support from people I met here (and countless hours in chat), I don't know if I would have been able to kick the dope to the curb. I hope you guys know that while, with one exception, we may have never met in person, you'll always have a place in my heart.

I've been doing well with my sobriety. Since I put the needle down, I haven't picked it back up. I've gotten drunk once and taken unprescribed xanax 3 times to help me sleep. Some people may not consider that being sober, but they can kiss my rosy rear end, which is rapidly growing in size each day!

Several people have sent me PMs asking how I was doing, etc. so rather than sending off individual messages, I'll be the lazy ass and just write one here.

:-)

Well, last time I was posting here, I was JUST kicking dope & found out I was pregnant. The baby was healthy, so we decided to adopt it out. The family backed out of the adoption when I was 16 weeks along. Blood tests showed I was positive for Hep C. *sigh* I had an abortion, and things were going really well after that up until September. From mid September until about a week and a half ago, I had a lot of major bleeding & clotting that was pretty scary. It seems like it's going to be okay now, though. I'll go back to the doc in a few weeks.

Right now, I've got the flu. I was just joking in the chat room that it really reminds me of detoxing. I've got a fever, achy muscles, feel like total crap and I'm back posting on SR! Haha, at least this time my symptoms are from a bug rather than a drug.

How is everyone here?

Evan?

Penny?

Cleansing?

Nalla?

Emmer?

Stagebear?

Chameleon?

I know I forgot people, but it's been a hot minute since my 'net got shut off & it's hard to remember everyone's screen name.

I should probably get ready for work soon. I've been working at a bar (yeah, yeah yeah...shush.) not far from my house since the middle of July and they expect me around 545. I wish I could stay at home in bed, but I'm going to swallow some Vicks VapoSyrup & tough it out tonight. (by the way, that is the best shizzy ever for chest congestion. No alcohol in it, either.)

Love to everyone and I'll be back since I've got my internet up and running again.

xoxo

Pistoletta

P.S. to Ian G!!
Old 11-18-2009, 02:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Welcome back!
Old 11-18-2009, 03:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you, and way to go on the clean time!!! I am not one to judge about the alcohol or xanax. You haven't used the needle, and that is fantastic!!

I hope your flu is short-lived and you feel better soon!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-19-2009, 03:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Welcome back.