Notices

Gnarly Gnightmare

Old 11-18-2009, 08:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Gnarly Gnightmare

Had the most realistic gnightmare that I was strung out on the oxys and getting busted by the Po Po !! I woke up in a panic and a cold sweat.

Ain't had one of them in awhile.

Whew.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's good that it was only a dream
Old 11-18-2009, 09:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

yes. i was skeart.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I HATE those kind of dreams. I wake up, heart racing, look around and realize I'm NOT in jail, there AREN'T any blue flashing lights around me or people with handcuffs, and it's a pretty good feeling

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-18-2009, 09:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad it was only a dream! Whew! I hate that kind of dream. Just seems like it's so real! But isn't an even better feeling to know it was all just a dream?
Old 11-18-2009, 12:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
nerdly

good grief gnarly gnightmares gsuck!
Old 11-18-2009, 12:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

I haven't had one of those in a gwhile. A couple gyears in fact.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have a recurrent nightmare where I try marijuana. I never was a pot smoker, so it doesn't make any sense at all. It's realistic, though, and I dream about a party with friends, where they pressure me into smoking it. When I wake up, I always think for a while that it really happened, and I am always furious with myself for relapsing and losing my clean time. Then I begin to obsess about the fact that mj stays in your system for a whole month and stress about the fact that I might get random-tested at work. Then I get mad and say to myself, "Of all the things to relapse on, why did I pick one that has no legitimate medical uses? There's no way I could explain having THC in my system! Why MJ? How dumb! I now have to worry for a whole month! I don't even smoke!!!"

That's when I think "OH....it was all a dream! Thank God! I still have my clean time! I can go to work and not worry!" I always feel so relieved and elated that I'm clean that it almost makes it worth the dream!
Old 11-19-2009, 06:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
nerdly

Luckily I've only had one of those dreams... I was being chased by a drug dealer down some alley so he could force me to take drugs and I'm running for my life while wearing pajamas.. weird thing is that I only the pain pills through my doctors scripts, never through a dealer,,, maybe the dealer was my doctor in my dream.... yeah my dreams can get pretty freaky
Old 11-22-2009, 11:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Enough is Enough!!!

Man, those kinda dreams freak me out but in the best way!

Just two nights ago I woke up around 4am with the frozen sweat thing.

I had some Zombie panther chase me down a dark path and the bloody thing bit my leg off. It made me angry as I thought 'hey, that was my good leg!' (both are fine) So I bit the panthers paw off and put it up his nose. After a brief scuffle, we fell to the floor next to each other and the panther made a joke about how hard it was gonna be to butter his toast with no paw, I then told him that I would never be able to ride my unicycle ever again to which he replied; 'you dont have a unicycle'

How did he know that? The dream was definately linked to quitting my doc, good stuff!
Old 11-22-2009, 12:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

I had a drug dream too last night and I was holding, still contemplating whether to use or not. Glad I woke up. Glad you did too!
Old 11-22-2009, 01:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ya know. I think every time I get really angry, I am going to go ahead and come back to this thread because we all have some really freaky and FUNNY dreams/nightmares...
And when you're angry, the best medicine is a GOOD laugh. LOLOL
Old 11-22-2009, 07:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yep, those dreams suck hardcore all right. I had a using dream the other night too............. I was using ,but not getting high.

I remember thinking (in my dream) ........why did I do this to myself?

as far as waking up in a cold sweat goes, I've only had one of those dreams, it was about the x wife.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:45 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

What?????
Old 11-23-2009, 09:01 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Don't watch many zombie movies? A head shot puts them down, the same way windy puts down all opposition... you could fire at a zombie with a machine gun 'til it falls apart and as long as you haven't hit in the head it'll still be alive. Much like... addiction. Safe.

Now that I let the monkeys take over from the goldfish floating around inside my skull for a minute, I just remeber I had really weird nightmares that I hadn't experienced previously or after but only during withdrawal. I don't usually ever remember any of my dreams.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:05 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

them hallucinations while jonesing bad ain't cool at all. in one i saw myself with no skin, then as a skeleton, then as a jumble of messed up cells and ganglia and whatnot.

nope, uncool.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:23 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

That same diddly-doodling thing happened to me once when I was 16 or so after drinking, I was walking through a park at the time and feeling otherwise fine though. Read Stayley's lyrics in "Angry Chair", I don't think it's unique to us two. Just no one else will TALK ABOUT IT.