Notices

Clonidine

Old 11-15-2009, 10:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Clonidine

First I would Thanks for answering my many questions. I hear a lot people talking about using CLONDINE for detoxing off of opiates. Does it work well ? I know I'm going to have to go through the withdraws no matter what I'm just trying to find the least painful way. THANKS again for all your help.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes! I'm a big believer in using Clonidine. I found it helped a lot.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It is a help. By no means does it negate your feeling like crap ... but you feel a little bit less like crap in that it helps mitigate a couple of the symptoms of w/d's.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you asked your Dr, Lost?

D
Old 11-15-2009, 08:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It helps lower your blood pressure, so it does help with symptoms related to that. In my experience, it helped with some of the physical symptoms like RLS and the racing heart, but there is nothing much you can take to help with the emotional symptoms. Everyone is different of course, but I did have some depression for a few days that nothing would alleviate except time. Also, insomnia is kind of inevitable. I could take things to feel calmer, but nothing would knock me out like I wanted to be knocked out unless I took something meant for horses. Opiate withdrawals just suck, it's inevitable, but you might as well use whatever you can to help you, and clonidine helps a little.

In my experience, since I've relapsed so many times, the fear of knowing I'm about to quit and about to go through withdrawal again is almost as bad as withdrawing itself. I always make it out to be something that I will absolutely not be able to tolerate. It is tolerable, albeit uncomfortable, and the sooner you start withdrawing the less painful it will be and the quicker it will be over. It's doable.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
crazy vampire addict

Lost -

Based on this question, and several other questions you have recently asked...I think it is really time for you to have a sit down with your doctor. While clonidine is a good drug to use during withdrawal, it too can be abused if not used as directed. I think you need to come up with a good plan of attack with a medical professional. It also would behoove you to let your doctor know that you are, in fact, an opiate addict. As I suggested to you in another thread, this would close the pathway from where you are obtaining your narcotics. It will also allow your doctor to assist you in getting to a detox center. You could discuss the pros and cons of clonidine with him since none of us are really qualified to give you medical advice without knowing more of your personal history. I think you would get a lot out of talking with your doctor about these things...while still coming here for all the emotional support that you need!

Think about it, won't you? And good luck!
Old 11-17-2009, 07:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

helped me some
Old 11-17-2009, 07:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
FREAKING AWESOME!

It worked wonders for me but my blood pressure is low anyway so it made me feel wierd at times, so be very careful if you take it at home. I always went to walmart and checked my BP before I took it to make sure my pressure was high enough to take it!
Old 11-17-2009, 07:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
team awesome

all clonadine does, is put me to sleep... but then again, when i'm detoxing, i cant really sleep well, so it definitely helps.