# 1 (permalink)  
REZ

JFT November 15

November 15

Letting go

“Take my will and my life. Guide me in my recovery. Show me how to live.”

Basic Text, p. 25

––––=––––

How do we begin the process of letting our Higher Power guide our lives? When we seek advice about situations that trouble us, we often find that our Higher Power works through others. When we accept that we don’t have all the answers, we open ourselves to new and different options. A willingness to let go of our preconceived ideas and opinions opens the channel for spiritual guidance to light our way.

At times, we must be driven to the point of distraction before we are ready to turn difficult situations over to our Higher Power. Anxiously plotting, struggling, planning, worrying—none of these suffice. We can be sure that if we turn our problems over to our Higher Power, through listening to others share their experience or in the quiet of meditation, the answers will come.

There is no point in living a frantic existence. Charging through life like the house is on fire exhausts us and gets us nowhere. In the long run, no amount of manipulation on our part will change a situation. When we let go and allow ourselves access to a Higher Power, we will discover the best way to proceed. Rest assured, answers derived from a sound spiritual basis will be far superior to any answers we could concoct on our own.

––––=––––

Just for today: I will let go and let my Higher Power guide my life.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Perfect! Yesterday someone shared the step three prayer with me full of thee's and thou's, and I couldn't see my way through it. And I felt pretty hopeless about recovery because my HP isn't "personal"...

But I read it this way and there are no reservations...it clicks..oh, yes, of course!

I really needed to see this, just this way, just at this moment...to see the beauty of the prayer with MY HP fitting in perfectly.

a great way to start a new day and a new week...in recovery