Notices

6 days

Old 11-12-2009, 10:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6 days

Well, today is the beginning of day 6 of detox...cold turkey. I am proud of myself...I wish I could share it with others around me but I am afraid of rejection. No one knew I was using; only 4 people know I'm getting clean: God, my pastor, my boss, and a friend of mine. Obviously, with the exception of the first person, none of these people can be there for me 24/7 and sometimes I feel that as a difficult thing to accept. My mind is so clear right now from being off drugs that these thoughts and feelings just seem to come out of no where and I would love to be able to get them out...except I have no one to get them out to...does that make sense?

I met with my pastor today. Unfortunately he is busy and we can only meet once a month...but that hour is soooo much to look forward to. I realized yesterday how much my kids have suffered through this...and he told me that instead of dwelling on that, I need to move forward...I need to make it right from here on out, and not dwell on the past. I know he is right.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations!
Old 11-12-2009, 11:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Sunshine! It sounds like you need to talk more than once a month during this period of your recovery! May I suggest that you get to an NA meeting and start making some connections. You would be able to get a sponsor and a network of experienced recovery friends there that will be available to you every single day for their experience, hope, and strength! In the meantime, I'm here and listening, if you need to PM.

Love,
KJ
Old 11-12-2009, 06:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hi,
You can talk here Congratulations you are well on your way
Old 11-12-2009, 07:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on doing detox. I admire you for handling it yourself. I echo what the others have said. There is always someone online at SR. NA is also a good thing to try. If you aren't a 12-step type person (I'm not -- have tried AA several times but not my cup of tea), you might try a form of "rational recovery." I am investigating an online group called SMART Recovery. It is set up similar to SR. However it has daily scheduled online meetings as well, as well as "homework" to try to get you to think more about the whys. By now day 6 is almost over. Congrats and on to day 7!!
Old 11-12-2009, 07:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
crazy vampire addict

Good for you, sunshine. I detoxed on my own too. It's really hard. But, day 6 is great. That's a lot of clean time for the newly recovering addict! There is always someone here if you need to talk. I am usually always online throughout the night. I'm the resident vampire around these parts! If you feel yourself falling into crisis...you can always PM me.

Just keep reading and posting. Stay inspired. There are so many people who have made it through to the other side and I personally draw upon their strength. I am having a hard night tonight...cravings. They are maddening sometimes...even after a few months clean. They don't come often anymore...but when they do, they can drive you up a wall.

If you can get to a meeting tomorrow, do it. A talk once a month is not nearly enough for the newly recovering addict. You need support and you will get it at NA. And of course, there is always SR. The joys of the internet...always there when you need it.

Good luck to you. I'll be around if you need a friend.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This is really a good start for you...
Take it easy and enjoy life, Congratulations to you!!!

Take care... : )