all over the news

Old 09-26-2009, 05:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

all over the news

I can't elaborate any more.
He has done some stupid crimes.
I was notified by people who read the newspaper.
A special new investigational report on my Ah's crimes is coming out next week on TV.
Everyone will know. Some do already from the papers. I cant hide anymore

This is so bad.
I tried to hide all of this.
He's completly crazy.
Everyone knows his secret now. I hope I will be able to get through the stares and glares..
I did not do this! How could he do what he did for money./!!!!!?
I hope he rots in hell.....I KNOW HE WILL FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE.

my life is more than just falling apart.....it's exploding.
IN FRONT OF EVERYONE.
IT'S in THE NEWS!
omg
I just cant take anymore.
AHHHHHGG
Old 09-26-2009, 05:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

What he has done is no reflection on you. You are separated from him, right? You moved to your own place? I'm sorry that what he did is going public. That must be a nightmare, but just remember, you got out! Yes, there are small-minded people who will think that you are part of what he did, but the majority of people who know you will know the truth. You are not responsible for whatever he does and anyone who thinks differently is just petty and not worth your consideration at all. Hang in there...this too shall pass.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Wow! Sounds like it is time to do some breathing exercises, they can be very calming to our whole systems.

Take a deep breath. Hold it in for a slow count of 10 then exhale slowly. Repeat 9 more times. Do this as many times a day as you need to, it does help.

Now as to the 'crazy man.' Suki is correct. Most people will have compassion for you, that you were with him but had the good sense to get away. Any who look at you with suspicion and thinks you were part of his exploits is just petty and not worth your consideration at all.

He has conned and manipulated many. Do not feel ashamed for his actions, they are NOT YOUR FAULT.

Please continue to let us know how YOU are doing as we do care very much.

Love and hugs,
Old 09-26-2009, 07:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Very wise words before me. Although I understand that this is extremely difficult and it is hard not to think that people will be looking and talking, I too believe that most people will be admiring your courage in getting away and taking care of yourself. This is not your fault and he is not a reflection of you. I'm sorry you are going through this but please continue to reach out for support and don't worry about the small minded folks.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just think CT, the more laundry that gets aired, the fresher your life will be!!

Let the news report on it. Let the story be told over and over.

Sometimes when something festers, it has to be opened and cleaned out so it can heal. This is part of the healing process. Let it put an end to the questions that folks may have whispered amongst themselves. It will come out that you told on him. It will come out that you made a brave decision and brought this out in the open.

The truth shall set you free of him. Remember the court of public opinion gets tired of these stories quickly so it will not last long, but the support and love will be there because you deserve it. Your HP will see you through this and so will we.

Hang in there. Don't be shy or shameful, that is what this disease wants. Dont' let it win.

Alice.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oh honey, I totally understand. I can remember when a shot of the front of my house was behind a lady reporter - "FIRST on the scene!" - for a commercial for a local news channel. For awhile. It was the lead story at 5, 6 AND 10 pm for a few days, until someone else did something stupid and what he did wasn't the big story anymore. I remember that my son was at work at a restaurant, and the news broke in on TV with a standoff at a local house, and he looked up and said "oh wow, that's MY house...."

Having been there, all I can say is even though it's right there in your face and in your house, it's not about you. YOU didn't do those things. YOU didn't cause that pain. And anyone who will judge you for what he did doesn't deserve your friendship, or your comments, or your time. This was one of my big lessons in powerlessness ~ things over which I had control, and most of the stuff over which I didn't have any control.

It passes. It really doesn't take very long before the focus is off this drama and onto something else.

Feel free to PM me if you need to. I really do understand.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm very sorry. Just remember that it is not your fault, and what he does is not a reflection on your self worth. You are your own person, and can only control your own actions. I feel your pain. When I was 14 year old, my mom was all over the news because she was a big drug seller. There she was--parading in her handcuffs. I hated that we had the same last name, and she looked so much like me. It was very hard for me. However, if I look at it now, I realize that it had absolutely nothing to do with me. That was her decision--her actions. You are not the one committing the crimes, you are not the one who is be showcased on the news. Take care of yourself!
Old 09-26-2009, 07:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

We co-dependents have a way of perceiving things as being all about us.

Truth is, most people don't care. They are too self absorbed in their own lives and stuff.

Hold your head up and move on. This will be old news in a few days, if you let it.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

there was a big article in the newspaper the day my husband was sentenced. my truly good friends called me to tell me about it so I wouldn't be shocked when I saw it. Other people appeared to take great delight in telling me about the article. It was full of errors, but so what. I didn't commit those crimes, I wasn't going to jail. As far as I was concerned, it had nothing to do with me, and I got rid of the so-called friends who seemed to want to embarass me, and focused on my friendship with the people who truly cared about me.

Screw 'em
Old 09-27-2009, 11:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

If it makes you feel better my life has been in the NATIONAL NEWS for almost a year.

It is survivable.

I will also say that being separated on my way to divorce helps. While it does not save me from all of the legal ramifications, it has helped me a lot in the court of public opinion.

I have also found that when news like this becomes public support comes from some f the most surprising places. People have a lot of secrets
Old 09-27-2009, 12:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i agree, this has nothing to do with you. i'm sure if you could have controlled his actions then he would not be in the news, huh?

take care of you and i'll continue to keep you in my prayers.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gowest View Post

I have also found that when news like this becomes public support comes from some f the most surprising places. People have a lot of secrets
That's for sure. I started going to this middle class suburban church and joined the woman's ministry. I carefully avoided talking about my husband, then one day told them he was in prison.....and guess what? EVERY WOMAN sitting at my table had a husband or close relative who had served some time!!!

Everybody's got a secret, and some are worse than yours!