The Brown Posada

Old 09-05-2009, 08:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Brown Posada

I'm new to this board and this is my second post. I've been married for 25 years to AH. We now live about 7 hours apart bc of our jobs. Wow, it's been great so far! I didn't realize that I had been so squashed by him. Anyway, he is mad at me and I haven't talked to him in a month.
I've been remembering some holidays and in particular one Christmas that my daughter coined the "Brown Posada" (which we laugh about now). Brown is not my real last name. All three of us had travelled together to spend the holiday with his family. Our daughter was in 6th grade. He proceeds to drink, not even bothering to stay at his mom's house on Christmas Eve. It gets late and other relatives with smaller children are readying for bed. Well, there are no beds or makeshift beds left and his mother is not offering a place for my daughter or myself to sleep. We just eventually slunk out of the house and go to a nephew's home who is young and partying with friends. We sleep on a sheet in the floor of his spare bedroom. It was very awkward and the feeling of being an outsider and unwelcomed at both houses was like being a b*****d at a family reunion. Nonetheless, we get up at about 5 am and travel to a truckstop in a neighboring town. It's so early that we have to waste time waiting. We go to a graveyard and look at gravestones (to this day my 24 yr old daughter still enjoys graveyards). Eventually we head back, I find my sleeping husband who is mad at me bc I mad such a big deal (trust me, I didn't make a stink about this on Christmas Day)about his leaving, finding a place to stay, etc.. My daughter and I get in the car and take a roadtrip to my sister's house. Merry Christmas!!! I don't guess there is really a point to this story other than I believe I stunted myself by staying with such a disrespectful, selfish, and unloving person for so long. I wish some of you would post a memorable holday narrative as well. I have plenty more, but would like to hear yours.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome!

In my experience, I've discovered that frequently people who have had "stunting" and who then break out of the dysfunctional system to start to grow often have slingshot rapid growth. So take heart and know that you might have a faster-paced, improving life ahead of you that will not only catch up but exceed!

Regardless, you can't change the past, and you have only today in which to take action. Make today a great building block for tomorrow, and pretty soon your life will be built well!

Keep coming back, and thanks for sharing your story.

May you share many improved Christmases with your daughter/family!

Others will be along shortly to welcome you and chime in, too.

CLMI
Old 09-05-2009, 05:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have a Christmas story for ya'll. I had a couple members of my family from out of town and he decides to go drink and smoke crack on Christmas eve. He was too embarrased or whatever to come home that night so he slept on his mom's couch. Came home the next morning on Christmas as we we're opening presents and was just a total *******!!My mom was videotapping so she has all those wonderful memories recorded. It makes me sick even thinking about that Christmas. Actually that was our last one with him!! I have lots of stories too but I'm working towards making real wonderful memories for son and I. Today I do what's best for us and leave the handling of his life up to him. So far it's landed him in jail and probably on the way to prison. All I can do at this point is take care of me and son and pray for him everyday!! Ya know now that I think of it he didn't like ANY holiday!!