Notices

Today's thought from Hazelden August 22, 2009

Old 08-22-2009, 02:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Today's thought from Hazelden August 22, 2009

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

Even though we have given our problem to our Higher Power, we know that we will still be tempted at some time. We try to build up strength for that time when it comes. It helps a great deal to start the day right and to discipline our minds day after day to the rational life. We also avoid any associations and places that invariably lead us into the disruptive pattern. These new habit patterns will help us retrain our attitudes, but we must also manage to re-educate our emotions to some degree by curbing the intensity of our reactions. Am I now gradually taking things easy and changing my habit patterns?

MEDITATION FOR THE DAY

The elimination of selfishness is one key to greater happiness, and can only be accomplished with faith. We must realize that we start with a spark of the Divine Spirit, but we have a large amount of innate selfishness. As we grow, and we come in contact with others, we can take either of two paths. We can become more selfish, extinguishing the Spirit, or we can develop spiritual awareness and strive for unselfishness.

PRAYER FOR THE DAY

I pray that I may grow more unselfish, honest, pure, and loving. I pray that I may take the right path every day.