Notices

Old 08-19-2009, 05:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

I joined yesterday but did not post. Yesterday was my first day dry. So I am excited to announce I am into day 2 without a drink. I know I still have a long ways to go but I am honestly excited about the journey.

I was drinking a little over a 12 pack of miller lite's daily and yesterday my husband woke up and saw my bank account and realized just how much I was drinking and that was the kick in the pants I needed to stop. He is going to go to some meetings for family members. We are going to have a better relationship, better health and wealth for this and I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.

I'm very excited to be part of this community and really look forward to getting some much needed help support from all the wonderful people here. I have no intention to ever go back. Last night being my first night, I slept better than I had in an extremely long time and I think my husband did as well. I also feel better this morning than I have in longer than I can remember (except for my nerves, but I know those will pass). My life started over again and I look forward to sharing my journey with all of you and getting help and support along the way. And of course, to offer some at some point.

Thanks everyone!

Have A Magical Day!
Old 08-19-2009, 05:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi phillygirl!

it's great you've decided to stop and it's excellent that your partner is so supportive.
I wish you well - keep posting!

Welcome to SR
D
Old 08-19-2009, 05:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Congrats on day 2, take it one day at a time.

He is going to go to some meetings for family members.
Is your husband going to Alanon? Are you going to AA?
Old 08-19-2009, 05:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think he is going to the local county meetings for family members of substance abusers. as of right now I'm not going to AA but I may change my mind about that with a little time here getting through these first few days.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
Old 08-19-2009, 06:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Welcome.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Welcome to our Sober Recovery community.
i hope you take daily action with your decision
to live a clean and sober life. Keep coming back!
Old 08-19-2009, 06:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, an congrats on day 2. Glad you are here, hope you stick around.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome phillygirl!!

I almost chose that as my name but settled on Philly. Good luck and you came to the right place. Keep reading and posting. There is a wealth of knowledge here. I have been sober about 13 months now. This site has been a godsend for me.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! I'm so happy to have found this group, the warm welcomes already make me feel at home and help to relax me a little bit. I find myself a bit emotional and nervous today on day 2 and having a great support group here is helping out tremendously. I look forward to sharing this journey with everyone and helping out others in their journey however I can. One day at a time!

Have A Magical Day!
Old 08-19-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome! I just joined a bit ago myself and have found a wonderful, supportive community here. Stay with the day. Stay with the minute. You can do this!
Old 08-19-2009, 07:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome, PhillyGirl. I'm new too -- on my third day without alcohol. We can do it together..
Old 08-19-2009, 07:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I find myself a bit emotional and nervous today on day 2 and having a great support group here is helping out tremendously.
phillygirl2009 the journey is just beginiing, just to prepare you, your emotions will be all over the place for a while, most of us have drank our emotions away and when they start to reappear they are new and as a result raw, breaking down into tears one minute over nothing and laughing at nothing, up & down. It takes time for the roller coaster ride of emotions to begin to slow down.

Another thing to be aware of is that there will be times of overwhelming guilt & shame for our past, this was one of the areas where I am beyond thankful I was going to AA, not only was I prepared for this, but I was taken through steps that taught me how to deal with these feelings, how to forgive myself and others, how to make amends without harming others.

Hang tight, the physical part of it all usually is over in 4-6 days, then the really hard part starts, the mental battle with the obsession with alcohol, another huge reason AA was so vital for me and my recovery, I was taken thrugh steps and given the experience, strength, and hope of other alcoholics who had been through this, they shared with me how they got through this phase. The long and the short of it is for me the fellowship & program of AA saved me from a slow, lonely death from my alcoholism and gave me a new blueprint for life.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome Phillygirl, i am also new on day 3 without alcohol.:ghug2
Old 08-19-2009, 07:16 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

welcome gofish too! day 3 for me also!
Old 08-19-2009, 01:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

((Welcome Phillygirl)) U are in for a ride.
From one old NE coast girl, born and breed in NJ. Lots of Love and support here. U R just where U need to B.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:03 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Im glad you are here. Good Luck.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:11 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing. I'm so glad you are here. You are not alone.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:40 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Heathen

Welcome