I have the worst luck.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down I have the worst luck.

Things have been ok. I have a good day and then a bad day...seems to go in that order. I keep having dreams with him in them. I hate living here sometimes, he used to live with me, but it is so close to my work and my landlord loves me. Plus I just re-signed another year lease because I thought he would be coming home at some point (this is before I found out what was going on)

My depression is not helping the situation..might need to adjust my meds and find a new shrink to go see..someone recommended a type of one on here...I gotta go back and check my posts. I went to my dr today to get a full std work-up since I found out ex-abf relapsed and was living with new gf for 3 months and was also with me. I just want to make sure I am ok...healthwise. So that got me pretty upset...crying in the office. Can't stop thinking about him...wish my brain had a stop button.

Then I take my other car (that we got for him but is in my name) to get an oil change @ the dealership because I had a coupon for oil change and free windshield wiper blades for the cost of just the oil change. So I am waiting about 1 1/2 hours and the service advisor comes and says umm i bet your wondering why this is taking so long..yup..ok well we went to do the oil change and there is a really bad leak from your transmission...so bad that they won't let me drive the car home (I could have it fixed or towed) because it is not safe. Awesome...really could my day get any worse. So I ask if the warranty covers it? They go to check my extended warranty that I purchased with the car. Nope...warranty covers the transmission...but not the line where the leak is...so they are pretty much telling me if I blew the transmission I could have it replaced under warranty but because it is just one of the lines that is cracked...its not covered. Of course @ this point I break down into tears because I just can't handle anymore. The service advisor gets a quote, tells me I can have a rental for free and tries to see if he can get me a 20% discount on the service.

I had given ex about $150 the week he went to jail. Part of it was to get oil change and have tires rotated on the car and a little $ for food (little did I know he had relapsed at that point) so of course he spent the money on DOC instead. Plus if the transmission was leaking so bad, he didn't tell me. Now I gotta put more work into this car so I can try and sell it. And here I thought I am getting a great deal with this coupon for $26 oil change and 2 free wiper blades. OMG...even when he is not with me he is still causing me chaos. Something's gotta give.

Oh and to top it off...because I was @ the dealership for such a long time, I got home 2 hours late. One of my pugs pooped on the rug in the kitchen..not her fault poor thing and then I take them out, come back in...take off my shoes and walk into the living room where I step into it on the rug in that room too...in bare feet mind u. awesome...just the way to end a poopy day.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sending some hugs Alaia...My day stunk too but I figure that means tomorrow has to be a good day.

It always helps me to try to find something to be thankful for (I'm a strong believer in trying to break the negative energy cycle)
Seems like maybe you can be grateful you weren't driving when the car broke down and also grateful that the service guy felt bad for you and gave you a break.

I also know sometimes it's best just to get the vent all out and be done with it..Wait til a little later to look for the positive. I was pretty down today and trying to share with a friend. He said something about all the good things going for me and I said, I love you dearly, but please shut up and let me vent, okay? I think he wanted to fix it and we know how that goes, right?
Old 07-28-2009, 06:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

GET THE RIGHT MEDS!!!! Anti-depressants saved me. It took a couple of tries to get the right one and the right dose, and it was so worth it. I could sleep, eat, and get through the day without sobbing or strangling someone!
Old 07-28-2009, 06:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's an F- Me kind of day. We all have them. It's a very real part of every day life.

Back when I was a kid I used to be to tormented by nightmares. My mama told me I had the power to change the course of my dreams. There is nothing cooler than waking up from some goofy dream and putting your mind to changing the outcome.

Now let's put a fork in the dream ex's eye and be done with it.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
IPT

Sorry you had such a bad day. That is a bummer! oping tomorrow is a "good" day for you.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
vicariousrising

Hugs to you. Sorry things are so rough.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Things have to get better tomorrow!! Hang in there sweetie!
Old 07-28-2009, 08:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
grateful rca

sorry you are having a bad day, i'm praying that tomorrow will be better for you.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

sounds like the trip to the mechanic was good luck to me. sure it was an unexpected expense and i can greatly appreciate how even 100 bucks can be tough to come by but the cost of a transmission would have been thousands and it could have been really bad if you had been driving. hp might have been watching out for you on that one.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((Alaia))

Hate that yesterday was such a rough day -

but in the words of one of my fav great philosphers . . . (Chicken Little - he's just so cute)

"TODAY IS A NEW DAY"

so Sister - Go out and make it yours!!!!!!