Notices

Crack sucks

Old 07-25-2009, 06:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crack sucks

Just when you think things are getting back in place for somewhat of a normal life..BOOM!!!!! things can fall so freaking fast, before i knew it it was 4 am and i was at the ATM taking out another 100 dollars. WTF. I got my old job back. i was dating a beautiful woman whom i had been crushing on for years. all because of sobriety. just because i saw a former user-friend. it all came back, the rush , excitment, thrill of the high. i had a strong foundation of sponsors, everything just right so i thought. i could not resist. but the good news is, i am back on my sober ride. i did not let it get to me. i f-d up and i know why i did. now it is just time to remain positive....I know i can do it.. Love will always lead the right path....
Old 07-25-2009, 06:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Glad you're back on track. What happens next time you see your former user-friend?
Old 07-25-2009, 08:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I do all i can to remain away from where she will be.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am back on track after relapsing on the crap for 2 years, almost lost it all this time, got 23 days clean today...good luck to ya, me... I definatly dont have a problem with step one anymore, and I too see where I messed up, and am giving it 110% to not make the same mistakes this time around.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree, it tastes like a chemical factory and gives me a headache.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Biggbbs,
I'm a recovering opiate/crackcocaine addict, today, I'm 10 months clean. A few weeks ago, I came very close to using...I went as far as to 'make that call'...even went and bought a 'glass rose'. But, thanks to 'divine intervention', it fell through and I didn't use.
The urge to use just came over me while sitting at home. Honestly, I don't know where it came from, but it did, and there I was...at that moment, back in the 'game' as if I hadn't missed a beat.
My point is, you don't have to see someone you use to 'use' with for it to happen. Addiction is a very tricky disease. Just when you think you have it beat...It beats you.
Be careful.
Dust yourself, and begin again.

Penny
Old 07-26-2009, 04:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by change4penny View Post
Biggbbs,
I'm a recovering opiate/crackcocaine addict, today, I'm 10 months clean. A few weeks ago, I came very close to using...I went as far as to 'make that call'...even went and bought a 'glass rose'. But, thanks to 'divine intervention', it fell through and I didn't use.
The urge to use just came over me while sitting at home. Honestly, I don't know where it came from, but it did, and there I was...at that moment, back in the 'game' as if I hadn't missed a beat.
My point is, you don't have to see someone you use to 'use' with for it to happen. Addiction is a very tricky disease. Just when you think you have it beat...It beats you.
Be careful.
Dust yourself, and begin again.

Penny
Phew close one! At that amount of time it's in the PAST and keep it there, you've done great to keep it away so far!
Old 07-26-2009, 04:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biggbbs View Post
i was dating a beautiful woman whom i had been crushing on for years.

A big hell yes for your success, just remember that soberity has an overwhelmingly good chance of bringing you better things.