Notices

Each Day a New Beginning July 21,2009

Old 07-21-2009, 02:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Each Day a New Beginning July 21,2009

I wake each morning with the thrill of expectation and the joy of being truly alive. And I'm thankful for this day. Angela L. Wozniak

Being open to the day's offering, all of it, and looking for the positive experiences therein, becomes habit only after a firm commitment and dedicated practice. Today is special for each of us.

These next twenty-four hours will be unlike all others. And we are not the persons we were, even as recently as yesterday. Looking forward to all of the day's events, with the knowledge that we are in the care of our Higher Power, in every detail, frees us to make the most of everything that happens.

We have been given the gift of life. We are survivors. The odds against survival in our past make clear we have yet a job to do and are being given the help to do it. Confidence wavers in all of us, but the strength we need will be given to each of us.

In this day that stands before me, I can be certain that I'll have many chances for growth, for kindness to others, for developing confidence in myself. I will be thoughtful in my actions today. They are special and will be repeated no more.

Reading from Hazelden Daily Meditations for Women
Old 07-21-2009, 03:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Excellent post!!!!

Each day is new, it is not the same old caca, I am no longer feeding the dogs and packing a cooler of beer every morning at 3:30AM, I no longer pop that same top at 1PM every afternoon and stop to get more on the way home to be sure I don't run out before I pass out that night just to begin the cycle all over again!

Today every day is new, it is not all good, sometimes life happens and I now deal with it rather then drinking it away. Most days I am given and take the opportunity to help someone even if it is in a small way. Most days I find joy in something new, usually small, but it all adds up to a good life. Most days I find peace just sitting or in doing something small and mundane.

Life today is wonderful, not the forth of July or Christmas, but just a simple productive peaceful life.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks believe
Old 07-21-2009, 05:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Today is the most important day of our lives.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I agree Tommy. I need to be reminded of that every so often.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Old 07-21-2009, 09:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nice post, great attitude. In truth, we're reborn every moment, moment by moment into our world formed by our thoughts and actions inseperable from the world around us and all that it contains. I forgot that when I lost myself in drugs and booze, I fell aleep. This moment I am awake.

With each moment, the universe is reborn, so to speak. Rebirth consciousness is the awareness that this moment is not this (new) moment. The person here now is not the same as this person here (in this newly formed moment) now. Nothing persists. Nothing repeats. Nothing returns. Each moment is fresh, new, unique—impermanent.

Rebirth consciousness is the conceptual glue that appears to link all these distinct moments together. Thus, instead of seeing separate frames of a movie in rapid succession, we see what appears to be an ongoing and seamless flow of moments.”—Steve Hagen
__________________________________________________ _____________________
Old 07-21-2009, 11:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Old 07-21-2009, 02:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Nice!

The quote in my signature was in a picture that I gave to my father when I was a kid, it works for me now too.

\/
Old 07-21-2009, 03:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I always liked that quote too NB