Notices

Each Day a New Beginning July 11,2009

Old 07-11-2009, 12:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Each Day a New Beginning July 11,2009

" I have listened to the realm of the Spirit. I have heard my own soul's voice, and I have remembered that love is the complete and unifying thread of existence." Mary Casey

The act of loving someone else brings us together, closes whatever the gap between us. It draws us into the world of another, making richer the world we call our own. Love is the great equalizer.

We no longer wish to conquer or dominate those whom we love. And our love for one increases our capacity for loving others. Love heals another, and love heals ourselves, both giving it and receiving it.

Love from another acknowledges our existence, assuring us that we do count, that our presence is valued by someone else. It is human to need these reminders, these assurances. But our need for them is lessened each time we acknowledge another person in our midst.

Where love is absent, people, even in a crowd, feel alone, forgotten, unimportant. No doubt we can each recall times of quiet desperation--moments of alienation. We must reach out to someone and send thoughts of love to someone who may need to be remembered. Our loving thoughts for persons close and far away always reach their destination. They do unify us.

"Love is powerful. It can change the complexion of the universe. It will change the direction of my life.

Reading from Hazelden Daily Meditations for Women
Old 07-11-2009, 12:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
~Mother Teresa

Even the rich are hungry for love, for being cared for, for being wanted, for having someone to call their own.
~Mother Teresa
Old 07-11-2009, 12:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Stoney

The act of loving someone else brings us together, closes whatever the gap between us. It draws us into the world of another
When I first read this, I thought about being here on SR, how some of us have grown to love each other and how no matter where in this great big world we live, nothing can prevent that love from happening.