The Heart of Addiction...

Old 07-03-2009, 12:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Lightbulb The Heart of Addiction...

Someone recommended this book and I cant remember who it was but I would like to say

Peeps who have read it....what did you think about the ideas presented? So far I am on chapter three I think.

Its really interesting to in that I have always thought that there were reasons behind my drinking but I had not heard the helpless/trapped idea before. For me it really resonates. Lately I have been thinking about drinking alot more and realized that I wanted to because of the "freedom" I felt it gave me. I was even sad as I explained to my therapist that I didnt think I could find that sense anywhere else. All of that made me think about drinking even more, how depressing is that thought that there is something that I can get from alcohol that I cant get anywhere else. That is what it was starting to look like to me.

So I am so very glad that this book came along into my life. It gives me hope that I have other options that will in fact let me feel that "freedom" I am looking for.

Thoughts anyone?? :ghug
Old 07-03-2009, 06:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

I don't remember who recommended it either, but I wrote the name and author down on my note pad as one of the recovery books I want to get. Maybe I'll try to pick up a cheap copy on Amazon!!
Old 07-03-2009, 07:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Tiburon88 posted about the book on the Alcoholism forum. I just ordered a copy off ebay. BTW, he is having a real hard time right now. I'm not sure if he's still posting, lurking, or completely left.