Getting angry again!!!

Old 06-18-2009, 02:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting angry again!!!

This detox is crazy! I'm going across the board with emotions. Now- I'm back in the anger stage. And that is okay. I will process through this - as I will. Don't worry - I don't stay angry for long - but I'm glad I still have it in me.

Day 4 !!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2009, 05:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Keep yourself busy and it will take your mind someplace better. Take a walk, go to a meeting, go to three meetings, read a great novel, rent a funny movie (no sad ones) and order in your favourite pizza.

That's a start. I could add, take up a hobby and be with people who share your interests, call an old friend for lunch, walk a nature trail and let your senses just soak in all that fresh air and beauty, bake cookies for a senior in your area, offer to take care of a child for some single mom who just never seems to get out...yes, I could add that but I won't.

Your pain is valid, I know that, and it will take time before it goes away. In the meantime a little healthy distraction may do wonders for you.

Hugs
Old 06-18-2009, 05:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah.... it went away about an hour ago. Not one to stay angry for very long.

Just spoke with the boys.... quick check - in - to see how they are holding up.
(their cousin has been spending this week with us).

They said they are "fine".... they said it's not like it feels any different and that it was was usually just us three most of the time anyway.

Staying busy is the key. I know this.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Aw Detox....... just think how wonderful your going to feel. With each day it gets better and you get more healthy. I believe you are talking detox from the addict, but the mental health is the same you will get better and become a better person for it.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I really hope that each day gets better, but I have a feeling that it's still going to be worse before it gets better.

I really don't like the "H" word....... but I will say that.....

I HATE ADDICTION....... I HATE IT SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!

I wish that I could have told him to not take the ritalin...... he knew I didn't approve.... so that is why he lied about it at first. But then it just got worse. I gave him his freedom with it.... and in one month it just destroyed everything. Not that things were great, anyway. :::sigh:::

One day at a time...... I can do this.... ::::exhale::::
Old 06-19-2009, 10:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Abundance - i feel your anger. I'm getting it on and off too along with emotiona pain, turmoil and sadness. I PREFER the anger. I wish i felt angry more.
It would help me get over this easier i believe.

Feel what you're feeling. 4 days is not long.
~Limiya~
Old 06-20-2009, 12:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

AH - YUP - there is no way I could have prevented it. He needed to make that choice for himself....... just like it was my choice to decide if I want to have addiction in my home!

Limiya - exactly... "feel what you feel" - that is what I'm doing. Emotions are all over the place!

Keeping busy helps a ton. Knowing that I can be angry at times does help - but it doesn't stay for very long. I end up getting angry with myself for being angry! LOL
Old 06-20-2009, 01:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A Brand New Life

I know what you are going through every day is a struggle not to call my ex and yell for the horrible things he put me through. I still have a vulnerable side so I keep lots of books, journals, pens, computer, friends and family on hand. My little girl keeps me busy but when I get idle I stick her in the tub to play in an inch of water for like 30 min while I sit next to her and read. She has fun throwing toys at my book and I enjoy the constant distraction. It takes a lot to go through what we have been through and post traumatic stress is just part of it. Just keep swimming you can do it!
Old 06-20-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A Brand New Life

I guess knowing we are in a healthier environment and making a go at life without a constant anchor, that is what helps to keep in mind...when my car gets on my nerves or money isn't flowing, I just think one day it will be better and I will have done it all on my own.