Who Said That? And why isn't it it's own thread?

Old 06-06-2009, 06:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Who Said That? And why isn't it it's own thread?

This weekend I was reading some posts and I think I know what rock solid soul said this and it changed my whole day and point of view but I can't find it again, and probably haven't said it exactly but it made a huge impact on me

....To know the difference between self-centered and self-love...

That in my mind is huge. I think that's the key for me, how to love myself and take care of myself and still keep the balance without becoming selfish.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ago

Originally Posted by MeHandle View Post
First off i just want to say I am sorry you are going through this. Especially when you have stayed through the active years of her drinking. I will be remembering you in prayer.

And my answer to the question you have above is that if you have been a faithful partner( obviously she has not and i am speaking to the abusive drinking, not the possible other man) that such is an excuse for wanting out of her marriage commitment because of what she wants for whatever reason she claims to want it. She wants out because she wants out.

However, if she wants out so bad that staying would actually be a "trigger" for her to drink then it could be said that such would be "related" to her not taking a drink.

People do this everyday and it have nothing to do with alcoholism. It stems from a much more basic problem all humanity has, the sin of self- centeredness said to be self love.

Maybe God will make this a new road to freedom for you instead of a road of destruction. You are not the guilty party here.

Again, I am sorry. This is very hard for a man who still has a romantic love for his wife.

tammy