I lost my serenity.

Old 08-25-2003, 05:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I lost my serenity.

About 6 weeks ago I wasn't feeling well. It lasted for about 3 weeks and I didn't know what was going on. My AH was really good about the whole thing. He had been sober for a couple of weeks and seemed to really be there for me. Once I got better and started feeling good he started disappearing again and coming home later and later and there I was obsessing again! He's been on a drunk for about a week now. I'm going to a meeting tonight and I already feel better. I just can't believe how easy I slipped into my codi ways just because he paid a little attention to me while I was sick. I also found out today he's been withdrawing from our joint account. I can't believe he's doing that. This disease really does get worse.
Summer.
Old 08-25-2003, 05:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm glad you are feeling better, Summer, and hope your meeting will help you get your balance back.

It's tough when they can be so sweet and then turn into Mr. Hyde (or was it Dr. Jeckle?) again.

Just keep looking after you and your needs.

Hugs
Ann
Old 08-25-2003, 06:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't feel bad Summer

I lose my serenity more often than I would like to admit. Luckily, I find it again eventually. I would be totally sucked in by anyone who took care of me while I was sick. I am the only one who takes care of me, and if someone jumped in and took over that job I would think that the Rapture had finally come.
Inconsistent behavior is very frustrating to deal with. It is also the hallmark of an alcoholic. They can be all sweetness and light one minute and a raging lunatic the next. That is why many of us work toward a life that is independent of how the alcoholic may act at any given time. I'm sorry that you got lulled into a sense of security, only to have reality come crashing back in. Two words...that sucks.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 08-25-2003, 07:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

hey(( ((summer)))
I was told there are only two times we go to a meeting:
when we want to and when we don't want to.I'm glad you
decided to go. I choose not to and I lost my serenity to our big
a-- mower when I couldnt get the clutch in to stop. I was
cussing like a lunatic and the only good thing in the end was
I made a decision that it wouldnt ruin the evening-and it didn't !

I feel bad about swearing but I'm not going to let it set me back.
Don't let your husband set you back either,forward always forward!

hugs
liddy
Old 08-26-2003, 04:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
believer

Hi Summer,

I used to get so frustrated at how easy it is for me to slip back into old ways. I have to constantly work at not reacting, not having expectations, and not getting sucked back in. I know I'm fighting a lifetime of codie programming, but don't you wish we could just change overnight?

Anyway, the good thing is, we can usually recognize when we slip and it doesn't take much to get back on track. Just keep focusing on yourself and like Liddy said, keep moving forward.

Hugs,
JG