Notices

Support needed

Old 05-27-2009, 06:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Support needed

Hello. A few of you regular guys will recognise me from the chat room, where I have hung out the last couple of evenings. Didn't know where else to go, really.
Anyway.. As I have said to anada (sorry about any typos, my computer screen is ready to explode on me- it was stepped-on accidently!), I will be going to my new doctor tommorow (today, Thursday). I'm pretty nervous, as I have to tell him that I have a drink problem. Oh well.
So I want to stop this thing that is destroying my life. I want to get on with what my mind is telling me to do, which is creative stuff, which the demion has robbed me from doing. Sorry if I make any typo's, my mind is blank or foggy at the moment, as I have told ananda, because of cutting-down.

I wish I could get support from someone on a daily basis, through msn messenger or ***** messenger, I just need another person to be able to
come alongside me and be there. Oh well. if that is not right, I will see if I can get any support in the chat room. ok. sorry for any trouble!.
I will get through this, I just need support. That's all.
Thanks.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

You don't have any local face to face support? Local AA meetings?
Old 05-27-2009, 06:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

Of course you can get lots of support here.

There are people online 24/7 and you can always PM back and forth to members if you like.

I am online here every day, and have been for years. This place is my lifeline. So, if you ever want to PM me, I'm here and I do understand how scary and hard it is. You're doing the right thing.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Just to echo what anna said
Originally Posted by anna
Of course you can get lots of support here.

There are people online 24/7 and you can always PM back and forth to members if you like.
I personally find Sober Recovery to be a place of great comfort and support. I hope you eoghanacht stick around.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

You're never alone when you're here!
Old 05-27-2009, 07:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR eoghanacht we are all here with you in recovery. I look forward to learning more about you & reading your stories.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

WELCOME TO THE SR FAMILY!

Find some local Meetings you can get to. I spent many years trying to do this my way and trust me, it doesn't work. I believe the 3 biggest keys to Recovery is Honesty, Openminded & Willingness.

Feel free to PM me anytime. I'd be happy to offer you my support in your quest to be free from this obsession.

God Bless,
Judy
Old 05-27-2009, 08:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome! You can get a lot of support from the people on here.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Welcome to SR!

Sharing on threads is fun, and helpful. Not the same as chat..but I encourage you to

try it. Feel free to contact me or search my posts any time you like..
Old 05-27-2009, 09:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. This place is very supportive. I would also suggest going to meetings, raise your hand and let them know you are new. You'll make friends quickly that way. I go to lots of meetings, but also get on here. It's very helpful for me.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good luck with the Doctor, just be honest, no need to be nervous or embaressed, in my experience a doctor will generally double what you tell them anyway!!! Its there job to provide the medical support and they have undoubtedly heard stories like ours before, Stick close to SR lots of support here. Maybe you should try AA for some face to face, it has certainly made this journey easier for me rather than trying to do it alone
Old 05-28-2009, 08:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Welcome to to the SR Forums!!
Old 05-29-2009, 01:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

thanks for all the messages of support; I really need it at the moment.....I will post something where I posted it before, if this computer doesn't blow up on me.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's good to see you back and please know you will always find lots of support here.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our Discussion Forums.....

I don't use Chat due to my low vision
but I'm often on these boards.
I will subscribe to this thread and check it often.

I'm an alcoholic in AA recovery
who remembers how difficult early sobriety is.

All my best....
Old 05-30-2009, 05:50 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR! I'm glad you found us and that you want to stop drinking. It is hard to stop, but it can be done. Just don't drink for today. Just don't drink, one day at a time. Staying sober can be difficult but it's so worth the effort.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:33 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Eoghanacht
Thanks for your honesty in saying you need support...so many people find it hard to ask! Be assured of my prayers and support, along with all the other people who want you to grow as a person and re-discover the creative side of you that has been temporarily hidden. Good luck on your journey!
Old 06-30-2009, 06:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR eoghanacht. Please contact me or any of the fine people here. We all check frequently and want to help newcomers just as others have helped us. I'm at a mere 50 days, but I feel as strong and resolute as ever thanks to the support I've found here. Before when I've quit it's been "for a month" just to prove to myself I could do it. Or I've quit while going through some anxiety or while a loved one was in danger or something. This time I've quit for me, my family, and my long-term health. For good. That finality (no long-term "maybe I'll drink again when I've proven I can handle it" BS) has made this trip through sobriety much more real and possible for me.

Please keep posting and stay in touch.