Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Mental Health Issues > Mental Health
Reload this Page >

A Special Hello To all My ol' Trailer Park Buddies!

Notices

Old 05-24-2009, 01:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

HI!

I wanted to come here and say a special hello to everyone who helped me, talked with me, laughed with me back when i could be here all the time.

I'm going to assume you've heard some of the 'tale' but I wanted to share the during that 'eviction' time when I was still too sick to work - I think that's the closest I came other than the night that brought me into sobriety ... to permanently harming myself.

One person stood by me, and for my ****{Stone}}} I am unspeakably grateful.

I know that all of us from the ol' park have our moments. (that we think the only option left is the ultimate one) And the internet simply wasn't available to me at that time or I'd have turned to you as well. We say in AA 'Dont leave 5 minutes before the miracle' and I have an intimate understanding of the 'slogan' now that I certainly didn't have a year ago. But that slogan outght to include 'don't give up on THEM' either. Thank God he didn't.

I thought of y'all often, and wanted you to know that.

many things are turning around and I KNOW it's because the hypothyroidism is stabilizing. I thought the other day I was 'anxious' and took me several hours to finally realize....
I wan't anxious ... that is what 'feeling better' felt like.

Wanting to get up and DO something ... had become a cloudy memory.
So when it came back - LOL - I didn't kinow what it was!

as far as Trying to get the disability stuff goes....

What a degrading, opressive opportunistic pack of two legged hyena-like that bunch is!
(Not a judgement - merely an observation)
Human beings should not have the license Social Security thinks they have to talk down to, answer evasively, and downright deliberately withould information from... and various and sundry other 'completely within their guideine' behaviours and practices I experienced.
I actually drafted a letter asking them,
'tell me, how many corpses does your boss require per month in order for you to maintain a new car and full coverage insurance for yourself?"

Anyway ...

I knew you'd be there, cheering me on, and just knowing that without being able to come hear and read it from you ... helped me a lot.

I hope this finds everyone I remember so fondly in good health and hope as well that you remain in my prayers and thoughts daily.
Pet the goats for me - I'll be back eventually!
Old 05-24-2009, 01:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

uh, I mean - I hope you KNOW you remain in my prayers ...

and I'll be back...
sometime SOMEwhere...
a computer is going to fall off a truck.
And I'm gonna find it.

a little more editing -
But that slogan outght to include 'don't give up on THEM' either.
meaning - don't give up on the person asking you for help, either. THEIR miracle... might depend on YOU.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
hippy

Barb,
how nice to hear from you. I wil look after those goats hun!
((((Barb)))
Hippy
xxx
Old 05-27-2009, 12:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by barb
as far as Trying to get the disability stuff goes....

What a degrading, opressive opportunistic pack of two legged hyena-like that bunch is!
(Not a judgement - merely an observation)
Human beings should not have the license Social Security thinks they have to talk down to, answer evasively, and downright deliberately withould information from... and various and sundry other 'completely within their guideine' behaviours and practices I experienced.
I actually drafted a letter asking them,
'tell me, how many corpses does your boss require per month in order for you to maintain a new car and full coverage insurance for yourself?"
I heard horror stories of such with regards to Social Security (SS). So when it came time for me to do my interview I took along a social worker that was connected to the non-profit foundation that was doing my case work. And I'm so glad I had that opportunity, because my case worker deflected and clarified and for he most part kept the SS worker at bay. Cause on my own I would have been carrion to those two legged hyena-like peeps .
Old 05-29-2009, 07:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

*bump*

Thanks Hippy - I was worried about the goats!

And I thought about you from time to time - how you are and all that.

Teach - I hope you're actually going to GET a vacation this year!

Zen-
I hacve asked - there's not any 'advocate' thing up here.
I'm trmpted to join the program that sends ya back to skewl and
BECOME one...

In fact -
I had an idea for a non-prof org that only helped people
get through this deliberatley opaque setup.

I was going to call it "ReSourcerer"
because it really feels like you need a majick wand
to get any direction.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
live to ride ride to live

I'm really sorry about the social security thing. I've heard horror stories about trying to get it. I personally didn't have to do much of anything and received my 1st check in 3 weeks. Unfortunately I was just released from a 2 month stay at the hospital and had been in and out of the hospital several times in the last 3 years. OH and the packets they send to your DR's well mine included lots of detail so I didn't need to fill out the personal packet. It shouldn't be that way.But the system is set to reward the sickest and punish the ones that are trying hard to stay healthy.

In the mean time don't forget to include even the smallest things and use all the dr's you have come in contact with in the past. GOOD luck.

I'm finally on the right track and am working so I don't qualify for ss anymore and am currently waiting for a overpayment bill from them. I have to pay them back and they're dragging their heels sending me a bill. Too bad I couldn't pay it forward and help a buddy in need.

Don't give up be creative
Old 05-30-2009, 01:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

wouldn't that be great if they did that? pay it forward, instead of dropping it into the abyss of gov't...
Old 05-30-2009, 01:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
live to ride ride to live

Yes it would because Paying it forward is such a great feeling
Old 06-01-2009, 02:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

SS Disability workers are themselves DISABLED... cause they don't have hearts or brains!