One more question for the day...

Old 05-21-2009, 11:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One more question for the day...

Hello again everyone,

One more and I'll quit buggying yinz...now this is just a question of curiosity. I know this does not make a difference, but I was just curious. I notice in some of your posts you mention what your A is "taking" or "on"...how do you know this? Do you know this through perscription, see them using, find items laying around? May be none of my businesss...but I was just curious. Thanks again all and have a great weekend!
Old 05-21-2009, 11:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just by living with an addict for so long, I can tell what she has taken. At the very least I can tell if its pills or street drugs, uppers, downers, but in the end it does not matter.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

With my friend I never saw her taking drugs. In the beginning she told me flat out what she would take. Even call her drug dealer cousin right in front of me to order 12 dime bags of herion. But after detox and entering the meth clinic she was good at first, that lasted only a few weeks, then she started to use again while getting the meth treatments. A deadly combo to say the least.

Her being around her addicted BF and Drug dealing cousin didn't make it too difficult for her to fail. Even with all the support I tried to provide to her. They had her 23 hours a day, I saw her for 1 hour a day, maybe a little more when I drove her to work or to see her daughter. I suspected she was using again but never had any concrete proof, other than things I noticed and her behavior, actions, and physical appearance. I asked her flat out shortly after I got the impression she was using again, but she denied it totally. After that she was well on her way to going down the road I was praying to keep her from going down.

The point of all this is, your a smart girl, you know something isn't right with him. And know what it is, you just don't want it to be true. I and everyone else her knows exactly how that feels. It sucks, big time. Believe what you see and feel, trust your instincts, they are probably spot on.

Like I said at the start of my reply to your post. I never saw her using, but I knew she was using. The only proof I ever had was her appearance and actions. That was enough for me once I accepted that fact it was alot easier to come to terms of what to do next.

One last thing, don't worry about asking questions or thinking that your bugging anyone. Ask as many questions as you need to.

Take care