Need info on which home drug test to buy

Old 05-17-2009, 05:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need info on which home drug test to buy

I want to randomly test my AS at home. The myriad of tests is a bit overwhelming.

I don't know a lot but some research tells me that I should know what he might be taking to determine what kind of home test to use. Right now, I don't think he's using at all but I think he's tried to get it recently and didn't get any. So, I want to buy something to spring on him if I think he has used because if he uses he leaves my home. Period.

My guess is he would try pot or maybe cocaine (as he has used this in the past). He has used other things too such as Xanax and I'm not sure what else. Oh his hospital drug test said 'opiates' but I'm not sure exactly what opiates would include.

As he has no money right now I'm thinking pot would be the cheapest so that is what he might try.

Do I buy a saliva test, a urine one? There is one to detect several different things. They seem awfully expensive so where is the best place to buy them also? Online, at Walgreens, etc. or who has the best price and which ones are most accurate?

Thanks so much.

KariSue
Old 05-17-2009, 07:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Whichever test you choose, don't tip him off that you are going to do one. There are products available that can create a false negative in a urine test. The other thing about drug tests is that they are only good for the moment that you do them. It does not prevent the addict from using immediately after he/she takes the test. It can create false security in you or it can drive you crazy. If he refuses the test, then you have your answer. What I found more helpful with my daughter was to look at the behavior. A using addict will act like a using addict. Now if you are doing the test so that you have confirmation and you plan on following through with your boundaries should he test dirty then that is another story. Get a good 5 or 10 panel test, make sure it tests for oxycontin because that will not show up on some opiate tests. You can also take him to the nearest hospital. Those tests are a bit more expensive but they also know if an addict is trying to doctor the results. I hope that helps and remember to try to keep the focus on you. Trying to stop an addict from getting his drug is like trying to stand in front of a train and hoping that you have the strength to make it stop. Hugs, Marle
Old 05-17-2009, 07:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I got a 12 panel test @ Rite Aid once, that tested for pretty much everything. If you're wanting to test him more than once I'd get them off of Ebay - much cheaper. The one @ Rite Aid was about $50.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by marle View Post
Whichever test you choose, don't tip him off that you are going to do one. There are products available that can create a false negative in a urine test. The other thing about drug tests is that they are only good for the moment that you do them. It does not prevent the addict from using immediately after he/she takes the test. It can create false security in you or it can drive you crazy. If he refuses the test, then you have your answer. What I found more helpful with my daughter was to look at the behavior. A using addict will act like a using addict. Now if you are doing the test so that you have confirmation and you plan on following through with your boundaries should he test dirty then that is another story. Get a good 5 or 10 panel test, make sure it tests for oxycontin because that will not show up on some opiate tests. You can also take him to the nearest hospital. Those tests are a bit more expensive but they also know if an addict is trying to doctor the results. I hope that helps and remember to try to keep the focus on you. Trying to stop an addict from getting his drug is like trying to stand in front of a train and hoping that you have the strength to make it stop. Hugs, Marle
Thanks, yes I am doing it to enforce my boundaries. That is exactly what I'm doing. He's using; he's out of my house.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Callie View Post
I got a 12 panel test @ Rite Aid once, that tested for pretty much everything. If you're wanting to test him more than once I'd get them off of Ebay - much cheaper. The one @ Rite Aid was about $50.
I never even thought of Ebay for something like that. Thanks so much.

KariSue
Old 05-17-2009, 09:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Mr.MeToo?

Uritox.com karisue. By far the cheapest site and also has the most variety of tests on it. You can get a 12 panel drug test (which tests for Pot, Cocaine, Opiates [morphine// heroin] Methampethatmine, Benzodiazapenes, Barbituatues[sleeping pills like ambien] Methadone, Pcp, Oxycontin, Ecstasy, Propoxyphene, Amphetamines [ adderall , ritalin]. You can also get specialized panel tests when you know his drugs of preferance for cheaper, like 2 panel, 1panel or 6 panel tests which are even cheaper.

The cost of one of those 12 panel drug tests is only something like 10$ As opposed to in a wal-mart or rite-aid it is 50+$ like an above poster said. When my parents were drug testing me they used this site to get the tests, it was very reliable and fast shipped.

good luck and I wish you and your son all the best ~~
Old 05-17-2009, 09:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I recommend a multi-panel hair test. It's more costly but the results are far more accurate and telling over time.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ex D-Boy View Post
Uritox.com karisue. By far the cheapest site and also has the most variety of tests on it. You can get a 12 panel drug test (which tests for Pot, Cocaine, Opiates [morphine// heroin] Methampethatmine, Benzodiazapenes, Barbituatues[sleeping pills like ambien] Methadone, Pcp, Oxycontin, Ecstasy, Propoxyphene, Amphetamines [ adderall , ritalin]. You can also get specialized panel tests when you know his drugs of preferance for cheaper, like 2 panel, 1panel or 6 panel tests which are even cheaper.

The cost of one of those 12 panel drug tests is only something like 10$ As opposed to in a wal-mart or rite-aid it is 50+$ like an above poster said. When my parents were drug testing me they used this site to get the tests, it was very reliable and fast shipped.

good luck and I wish you and your son all the best ~~
Thanks so much! I'll check it out.

Thank you for the good wishes also. I really appreciate them.

KariSue

Edited for P.S. I just checked it out and it looks great. I can even test my own cholesterol with one of their tests. Plus I like that it has the Better Business Seal on it. I just learned about BBB online for another matter.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by outtolunch View Post
I recommend a multi-panel hair test. It's more costly but the results are far more accurate and telling over time.
Thanks but it's really expensive. At this point (since I don't think he is doing it right now), I'll probably try one of the other ones first. I think my main point to him is I want him to know I really will do this. He sometimes even says "Well give me a drug test" but he probably thinks I won't do it. I want him to know I will.

But I'll keep the hair test in mind. Thanks for the info.

KariSue
Old 05-19-2009, 02:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ex D-Boy View Post
You can get a 12 panel drug test (which tests for Pot, Cocaine, Opiates [morphine// heroin] Methampethatmine, Benzodiazapenes, Barbituatues[sleeping pills like ambien] Methadone, Pcp, Oxycontin, Ecstasy, Propoxyphene, Amphetamines [ adderall , ritalin]. You can also get specialized panel tests when you know his drugs of preferance for cheaper, like 2 panel, 1panel or 6 panel tests which are even cheaper.

Are there any tests that will show hydrocodone use yet?