checking in

Old 05-09-2009, 10:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

checking in

Hi everyone,
Just a fast note to let you know I'm still kicking!
Everything here is nice and cozy. AS is incarcerated for mandatory 2 years, (altho' he filed an appeal donchaknow) and his GF, (age 20) "seems" to be moving forward.

She was accepted into a college about 2 hours from here, but the new baby, makes that an impossibility, so she has applied to a college here, which has a program called "the Sprout Program"

Where she would dorm year round with the baby, and attend classes, and the baby would be in daycare for the day. Thankfully, the daycare is overseen by my cousin, who is the Director, so I am praying this all pans out, and she gets accepted. I also...(the best part) would have access to have my grandson for the day, or whenever. So...prayers would be appreciated that she gets accepted. Thank you.

I have been helping her by babysitting, and doing alot of driving her to college, and appts. and helping her get her drivers license. She should be taking the driving test next week.
I feel like I'm jumping ship by going on our Summer vacation. She is now living with her mom, who works fulltime, and she feels her mother is somehow "punishing" her for the circumstance she has gotten herself into. Not that she doesn't love the grandbaby, but not necessarily there to help her daughter alot. (she also works fulltime!)

As for AS, (age 35) I received a letter today, and donchaknow, he's cured.
It simply amazes me what a different son he can be when he is locked up, and has time to reason, and be off drugs. His letter is full of apology, and regret, and good goals for his future.

So, that's what's new at my end of the world. Taking it one day at a time,
having no expectations, and working on me.

Love you all.....

Diane
Old 05-09-2009, 11:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update, and I bet that grandson is growing like a weed!

I will surely keep GF in my prayers that the local college thing works out! :praying
Old 05-09-2009, 11:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What an incredible program and prayers on the way!
Old 05-09-2009, 12:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Moose, I'm sending out prayers for this girl, that the college near home accepts her and she can continue to move forward.

What a shining example you are to her, recovery at work in real life is a beautiful sight to see.

Your boys are always in my prayers but I'll kick them up a notch hoping that incarcerated son has truly seen the light and will find and stay on a good path when he gets out.

Love you lots and miss you too. Can't wait to see you this summer.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Moose,
Thanks for the update. I certainly hope she does get into that college - it would be so perfect for her and the baby and Grandma, of course. Maybe GF's Mom does not want to enable her daughter and wants her to be fully responsible for the baby.. All in all everything sounds so positive, even your son .. Celebrate the Joy! Happy Mother's Day .
Diane
Old 05-09-2009, 03:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Missed you Moose but am glad for the update. Two years mandatory. Two years of (hopefully) peace for you and Mr. Moose. Prayers for your son's GF and for your grandbaby. Hugs, Marle