OT - The Universe Delivered

Old 04-29-2009, 08:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT - The Universe Delivered

My passion is landscaping - specifically flower gardens. I had several gardens at my old house -- the one I left my XAH in. (BTW the gardens are all in horrible shape and it pains me greatly when I am there picking up my DD). I have a pretty big yard at my house I rent, and free-reign to do whatever. So, this year I decided to focus on the area by the house -- and get some perennials going. A vacant house next door had a patch of overgrown daylilies, so I "thinned them out" and moved some to my garden last night. As I was finishing I was silently wishing I could go to my old house and transplant some of my flowers, or wondering who I knew that might have some flowers to share.

At almost EXACTLY that moment my phone rang. It was a neighbor from the church I used to go to before I moved. She has the most awesome yard and had hosted many church picnics there. She had been potting up some overgrown plants, and wondered if I wanted any. Unbelievable timing, and I'm sure it was NO coincidence! I am just floored by it.

Then, the guy I have been dating, who knows I love flowers and knows I love purple called. He discovered there are purple tulips growing in his yard and wondered if I wanted them....

WOW. I guess I will have a flower garden this year!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 09:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think the universe manifests itself easily in flowers and living things. It's weird all of the synchronicity stories I've heard involving plants. I had a nasty breakup one year and was so miserable, left in this house with no flowering ANYTHING. A lady down the street came to my door the next week and asked if I'd like some iris that smelled like grape kool-aid, and brought me a huge sack of tubers to plant.

I lived in that house for ten more years, and people would walk down the street just to see and smell this massive profusion of blossoms year after year.

The universe provides when we clearly show it what we want. This I believe.
Way to go, nowinsituation
Old 04-29-2009, 09:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Thank you for this post, nowinsituation!

I am ill today and a while ago the guy I have been dating told me that perhaps some flowers would cheer me up later tonight.

Flowers are so meaningful and beautiful, I also plan to have MY new place full of them and other plants like bamboo.

Funny how EX would NEVER even think of give me a flower, or anything at all (but headaches), and here comes a nice guy buying all the flowers he can get ahold of. Makes you think, eh?

Congrats on your new life !!
Old 04-29-2009, 09:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dreamer999 View Post
Thank you for this post, nowinsituation!

Funny how EX would NEVER even think of give me a flower, or anything at all (but headaches), and here comes a nice guy buying all the flowers he can get ahold of. Makes you think, eh?
Oh absolutely! My new guy's bday was last week - so I treated him to a nice dinner. Then, he sends ME flowers to thank me?? I could really get used to this!
Old 04-30-2009, 03:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh yes, please enjoy it all and get very used to it. It sounds weird, having to learn to get used to lovely surprises and pleasant times, after years of being used to constant disappointments, shocks and nasty surprises. By all means learn well and enjoy every moment.

God bless