Notices

So, for the first time in about 5 years...

Old 04-15-2009, 11:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So, for the first time in about 5 years...

I actually filed my taxes today. On time. I'm pretty proud of myself.

I'm opening up the door to what is likely to be a sh*tstorm of financial grief by doing so, but, hey ... sooner or later, I'z going to have to face the music for not filing, and just basically dropping off the face of the earth for 5 years in my addiction.

Plus, well, this last year, I actually had a job, so I'm sure the IRS was going to find me if I just kept blowing them off, so ...

Turns out I they owe me a decent sum of cash back from this last year, so at least that'll make a small dent in the thousands I'm sure I owe them from years past ...
Old 04-16-2009, 04:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
TheMostSordidSpotOnEarth

Way to go Bva!! Great news!!

It's so true that our addictions remove us so far from reality when the just world keeps on spinning all around us.

You should feel immensely proud that you've arrived at a point where you can finally begin to manage life on life's terms, great knowing that you're back to play your part in society and deeply contented to feel like an active contributor again.

Huge applause to you on this great move!

:ghug3
Old 04-16-2009, 06:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you're back in the land of the living BV! You've been such help to me and an inspiration to so many!

- I had to file an extension because my accountant messed up my taxes. My clever AH/RAH decided to withdraw his ENTIRE 401k out and spend it on drugs unbeknownst to me. Of course he did not withhold taxes. The accountant filed it joint, she has to redo it seperate. AH will have to fend for himself with the IRS.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Obama loves you now.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Friend

Oh man - I've been thinking the same thing all day! Wow, I'm so proud of myself! And I'm probably completely scre%ed b/c I've identified myself. And with the peanuts we're talking about here I probably wasn't on their radar to begin with, b/c I'm sure they've got bigger fish and all that. Oh well, I'm still proud of me...and you too, Bval!
Old 04-16-2009, 09:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by windysan View Post
Obama loves you now.
You had to go there, didn't cha Windy?

I'm a million times happier to hand my taxes over to a man who isn't a ******** f**kwit like the former pretzeldunce. At least I know I'm not paying a guy (that's supposed to represent our great nation) to go out there and stay stuff like "People are working hard ... to put food on their family" in public.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I've heard you mention your IRS back taxes issue in passing before so I know it was playing on your mind somewhat. We addicts almost all have a tendency to put off unpleasant tasks, so good job on taking the bull by the horns on this.

What about hiring one of those attorneys who, for about $500, will negotiate with the IRS on your behalf to get you a payment plan and a lower amount to settle it? It could be well worth the money. I had to hire an attorney this year to help me settle a debt with a company who won a judgment against me. If I hadn't done it, they could have garnished most of my check for two months. Best money I ever spent.

KJ
Old 04-16-2009, 02:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by windysan View Post
Obama loves you now.
...Indeed. lol !!!
Old 04-16-2009, 03:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kj3880 View Post
What about hiring one of those attorneys who, for about $500, will negotiate with the IRS on your behalf to get you a payment plan and a lower amount to settle it? It could be well worth the money.
KJ
Isn't there something that an accountant can file where they can negotiate the amount and set up a payment plan? That's what my AH is going to have to do. My accountant was mentioning something about a hardship something or rather.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrads Bv and Shells its the simple things that make us feel human again
Old 04-19-2009, 07:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Originally Posted by bvaljalo View Post
You had to go there, didn't cha Windy?

I'm a million times happier to hand my taxes over to a man who isn't a ******** f**kwit like the former pretzeldunce. At least I know I'm not paying a guy (that's supposed to represent our great nation) to go out there and stay stuff like "People are working hard ... to put food on their family" in public.
LOL. The funny part is that all those politicians are not ******** and they love your money. Thank you for your contribution. Welcome back to Hell. LOL.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Way to step up & own it Bvaljalo! I've been sending the IRS $25 a month for a few years now, they will work with you. I know that from experience.

I had a situation happen a few months ago that made me really look back on my, uh, work ethics when I was using. (Or lack of, I guess) When I was filing for my Social Security Disability and it got to the part about the jobs I held over the past, I think it was 10 years, I about sh*t my drawers when the woman started rattling off all the jobs I had over the years. There were so many that I don't even remember working at, those ones that I'd work a few days then just never show up at again. Unreal. It was strange listening to this woman's tone of voice when she'd say, "And when you worked at such and such, what did you do there?" I'd have to reply with, "I honestly don't remember." Finally I told her that I am a recovering addict and alcoholic and from that point on, she acted like it all made sense to her. She'd been on the job for close to 18 years so I'm sure nothing surprises her.

By the way, I did get my Disability. I shared this a few weeks ago, but I got the official "award letter" in the mail on Friday.

Judy
Old 04-19-2009, 08:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bvaljalo View Post
I'm a million times happier to hand my taxes over to a man who isn't a ******** f**kwit like the former pretzeldunce.

*DeVon writes down 'pretzeldunce' for potential future reference*
Old 04-20-2009, 05:57 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Jeez, I really hate the IRS. I remember them busting into my dad's offices back in the eighties like they were the Gestapo. He ran them out of there cussing them for SOB's and MFers. I despise taxes, the 4 ton tax code, politicians, bureaucrats, and bad food.

Congratulations on paying your taxes though, Bvaj. Surely you'll get audited and you can do what my dad did. LOL.