Four months

Old 04-15-2009, 07:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Four months

Hi everyone, Yes I haven't had contact with my X partner since I hung up on his call on christmas eve. I answered & heard his voice & hung up. It was very hard for me to do & then the feelings for the rest of the day. I felt good once that passed & I continued to let go & let god. So four months later I am feeling good about my decision. I was in that relationship since Nov 1999 & never thought I would be able to let him go. We were deeply in love, that I never doubted but the addiction destroyed our relationship (not the love and I still pray for health & happiness for him no matter where our lives have taken us). It's part of my recovery to detach the addiciton from the person & I learned that being a truely grateful member of NarAnon for 9yrs. I still continue to support NarAnon when I can.

I am not so insecure & as lonley as I thought I'd be without him. My life is changing in many positive ways, I am studying & concentrating on MY GOALS..!!

I finally shredded all my Xpartners letters, all of them & the photo's too. I still have to bury the locks of hair he gave me with a nice plant to grow ontop. It's emotive & I accept that I may feel sad sometimes but it will pass.

What matters is that I am able to let go of him & allow him to take his journey as I am mine. thanks for listening.

hugs,
focusontoday
Old 04-15-2009, 07:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

[quote=focusontoday;2194793] It's part of my recovery to detach the addiciton from the person]
a hard concept but one that is worth learning.
[ My life is changing in many positive ways, I am studying & concentrating on MY GOALS..!! ]
that is fantastic news!!

[What matters is that I am able to let go of him & allow him to take his journey as I am mine.
quote]

your recovery is shining, good job!!!
Old 04-15-2009, 08:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It sounds like you are doing great in staying away from him. What are your goals? What types of things are you working on now that you've got yourself free?

Love,
KJ
Old 04-15-2009, 08:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for affirming that there is indeed life after the addict!

:ghug :ghug
Old 04-15-2009, 09:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Focusonday,

Thank you for such a great post...it is so good to hear you sounding and being so strong, plus believing in yourself. Not an easy thing to have to do to the one we love, but knowing what has to be done and doing it...thats taking care of ourselves!

Rose
Old 04-16-2009, 02:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
BBD

I'm so glad your taking care of yourself and finding a new way of life. It's tough~~but smart!! Keep up the good work, Bonnie