Notices

buspar ?

Old 04-15-2009, 04:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

buspar ?

someone clue me in on this they want me to get on it is it abusable if so im out . And this is 17th day off subs and im still wding how long this gonna last dang.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

bagger, I was on buspar at one time. I did not feel compelled to abuse it, and I stopped taking it suddenly with no ill effect.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 04-15-2009, 04:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

BuSpar is an anti anxiety medication. It is not abusable. It works wonders for some, and not at all for others. For me, it was a G*Dsend years ago.
Here's some information:
Buspar (Buspirone) Drug Information: Uses, Side Effects, Drug Interactions and Warnings at RxList

Shalom!
Old 04-15-2009, 05:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I took it for a few months and then stopped. No problem.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Buspar is a minor tranquizer. I don't believe it is related to benzos at all.
If I had a bottle of them and i was in addiction, I'd be abusing them.

Hope that helped.
I personally think they suck as a traquilizer
Old 04-15-2009, 05:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

emmer
I agree, they didn't help me @ all. I couldn't tell that I was even taking them at the time.
And I didn't abuse them at all.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry you're still feeling the w/d's bagger, that's a bummer. I promise you that before the month is out you'll feel a ton better, and it could easily come sooner, but it did take me a good month before i'd say I was 95% of my regular self (at that point, difficulty sleeping was the only effect still hanging around). Although I felt at least 80% after a week had gone by, so this is draggin on for you a bit, but hang in there, man!!! It'll pass, I promise you!

Draggin your butt to some meetings usually helps a bit too, you doin' any of that? Also, are you getting in some exercise at all? Even just some brisk walking for like 20 minutes a day can really help my friend ...
Old 04-16-2009, 06:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

MY AH abused Buspar, though supposedly you're not suppose to be able too. He managed to find a way - he's resourceful like that.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yeah I got my sorry b utt to a meeting last night. Sounds like the buspar is a no for me I know if you can abuse it I will. The doc. they got me going to tommorrow is in recovery and does not con easy so im gonna be honest with her and just let the chips fall where they may thanks guys for all the info. I still dont feel real well even today still having chills and sweats there is no easier softer way I guess all though I keep searching if I find one Ill be sure and let yall know.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My psychiatrist will absolutely not give me anything that a person may abuse. He has been prescribing me Buspar for years. No effects when discontinuing and I've never abused it, as it's produces no high. In fact, thanks for reminding me I have to go pick it up at the pharmacy.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

they also sugested I take some campral Damn My goal was not to take anything. My counciler thanks I need an anti depressent and anti anxiety something. I just want to feel normal agin I know myself pretty well I want be in misery long.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I also took buspar for a short while with no cravings or anything when I stopped. It only had a mild effect when I took it..
Old 04-16-2009, 10:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Anvil
He's an english. I got two that one is just a big baby loves everyone and scared of his own shadow.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Anvil

OMG...she's beautiful!

Yours too bagger!

I love dogs!

Penny
Old 04-16-2009, 06:50 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I used to take buspar in addition lortab as a booster.I wouldnt say I was addicted but it was unhealthy.I have said it before I cant Tylenol like it says on the label.I think some people need anxiety medicine.For me once I got away from all the drugs the anxiety went away.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
TheMostSordidSpotOnEarth

Hey Bagger! Interesting questions.

I don't know anything about Buspar (other than what I just read on the internet because of this thread), but I'm wondering if it's similar to Valerian root? Valerian is classified as an herbal supplement, and I know that a number of people in recovery use it as a very mild sedative and/or as an anti-anxiety alternative to sleeping pills and/or benzos. You can find more information on it through Wiki. Of course, if you're the kind of person who will abuse or take anything to its extreme, it would probably better to err on the side of safety.

I don't know what your addiction involved, how long it went on or how long and how much you took of the subs, but your level of anxiety is very likely related to your prolonged withdrawals and/or the fact that your body and brain chemistry are still in the process of regulating themselves. Give it some time. I know that it feels like a long time (subs do have a very long half life), but things should be improving and then disappearing soon. I felt like a rotten cabbage for a few weeks (I detoxed through a rapid and pretty low dose of methadone and then felt long and hard withdrawals when I stopped), but you should be able to feel the positive changes soon if you haven't already. Everyone is different, so there's no exact date, but a month would be my understanding of the longest subs should be able to stay in your system. I might be wrong on that (if so, anyone is free to correct me on it), but I hope it helps. I'm on day 31 off the methadone, and while I still feel kind of lethargic and even a little apathetic, the physical symptoms have basically run their course. Slowly but surely, everything should be falling into place where it belongs.

Big congratulations on 18 days off the subs!! Keep up the great work!! :ghug3
Old 04-17-2009, 09:49 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

It's our Pit named Theo at about 6 months, when he was about half the size he is now ... bestest, sweetest dawg evah! This boy wouldn't hurt a fly, we have him around my g/f's nieces and nephews that are like 3-5 y.o., and he's so gentle with them. When anyone raises their voice in the house, he runs to the corner and starts shaking. He's a total baby. Pits get a totally bad rap ... it's all how you raise 'em.

Oh, and Pits and American Bulldogs are clearly related, eh?
Old 04-17-2009, 09:55 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

They put me on prozac 20 mg. buspar , melacam, trazadone,. **** Im takinmg more junk now than when I was out flying missions. Im gonna try and follow directions but that seems to be hard for me.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:09 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

19 days I still w/ding Doc said it might be 60 days uuuuggggggg.