Notices

The Patch

Old 04-13-2009, 07:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up The Patch

Ok its my second day on the patch(generic brand too) and its pretty good.
It feels like a constant feeling of the same sensation of smoking a cigarette.
Now there's three steps(depending on how much you smoke a day) , box 1, 2, and 3. I started with the second step because I don't smoke more than ten smokes a day, I smoked less. So right now my patch is 14mg a day and it totally makes me forget about wanting a cigarette, I mean time to time I'll think about having a smoke but the urge is defiantly not as strong.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I'm glad to hear this is going well for you so far, Kat. Please keep us informed of your progress.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm on day two with the patch and its going ok. I'm using the 14mg patch even though I probably smoked around 15 to 20 cigs a day, I had tried the 21mg patch in the past and couldn't stand it so I thought I would try the one with the lower dose to see if this made a difference . So far it is going well, haven't been hit with any really strong physical cravings but am just feeling a bit lost and out of sorts, keep going to have a cig then remember that I've stopped so I would say its the psycological and habitual cravings that are hitting me the strongest. I'm really glad the patch is ok this time as otherwise I would be climbing the walls by now!! Can't stop eating sweets though.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Kat,
Congrats on the two days! I didn't use any meds but it got a lot easier for me after the first few days. Hope it does for you also. Join us in posting in the daily update. Everyone will help keep you motivated. These folks here are pumped!
Old 04-13-2009, 01:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I use the patch too. I think it works great. But I can tell when I dont have it on. Hopefully I wont have any issues when I stop using them.
Good luck.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I relapsed. I took the patch off and I had a cigarette. I really want to quit and I'm going to try again.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That's OK Kat!!

I am glad you are here. Remember that the first few days are the toughest and for most of us it gets considerably easier after that. So if you can bust out of the first few days things get a lot easier. Have you tried drinking fruit juice to keep the blood sugar from crashing? I noticed that it was real tough early on when my blood sugar was low. I ate bunches of stuff but you might try something you enjoy. Many people enjoy hard candy, I ate over a pound of the stuff in a couple of days and then hit the chocolate. Gross, but I didn't smoke. I only gained 5 pounds in 3 weeks which surprised me.

At any rate congratulate yourself for being here and doing something positive for yourself. You are worth it and deserve it!!

Take care!
Old 04-15-2009, 03:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Kat67 View Post
I relapsed. I took the patch off and I had a cigarette. I really want to quit and I'm going to try again.
I'm impressed as heck that you're admitting it and trying again, that takes great strength and courage. Recovery is worth the effort, guaranteed or your money back
Old 04-15-2009, 03:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm on the patch also. I was using 2 21mg for the first few days and now I'm only using one of them. I think I'm on day 7... I have only smoked 1 cig in the past 30 something days... I was upset about smoking again but I just slapped that patch back on and started again. I was glad to see that the one smoke did taste BAD and did not fix the emotion I was trying to stuff.....
Just get back on the horse...
Be Well
Old 04-16-2009, 08:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Great Job I'm Joining in the Crowd

I will be starting the patch step 1 on saturday. that is when i will be out of cigarettes. Im very excited I have been smoking for 25 years. Good Job and good luck hope things keep working out for you.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hello buttered, welcome to SR! Please take some time to read the sticky's at the top of the forum for info, suggestions, and links on smoking cessation.

How about joining the Daily Check-In and keeping us updated on your progress? http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-vii-11.html