Notices

Cooking Drugs Question

Old 04-07-2009, 10:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cooking Drugs Question

Is there a drug that could be cooked up in an oven?
Old 04-07-2009, 11:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh no!!! My landlord gave me the stove from my next door neighbors because my stove went kaput. This neighbor moved out last month and was a suspected drug user, and possible drug cooker (I often smelt smells and reported it). The stove/oven I recieved was never cleaned. It's taking me forever to clean it. The oven is caked with layers of black!!!!!! It's aweful.

Okay...so what can be cooked in an oven?....I'm scared...and this makes me angry she would give me this stove.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

annville, the woman next door had 2 children. No person would cook a meal in the oven I'm cleaning right now. Please tell me what drug can be cooked in an oven, cause I'm afraid. I don't feel sick or anything since cleaning it, except a sore throat, but I thought that may be from the oven cleaner fumes. I'm afraid to cook in it even after cleaning it.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Okay...Now annville disappears, and leaves me in suspense and distress.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Okay...thanks annville. I feel a bit better now.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I used to make meth on the stove. Not the oven. And there was never any black residue. But aside from that, I think anvil is right. It was probably just poor house keeping. If you are worried, tell her to get you a new one. Period. Tell her that you cant get it clean enough to use that keeps up with your sanitary needs. But I think you are safe from any residual build up. Have you tried a cleaner called awesome? I buy it at the dollar general store very cheap and it works better than 10 cleaners combined.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Gwen, thankyou. I have used awesome before it is good stuff. I don't have any right now, just using oven cleaner over and over.

My landlord showed me this apt after the woman moved out, and there was black burned residue on her dining room walls, and living room ceiling...weird. Would drugs be cooked in those rooms? I saw no residue in the kitchen.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

black on the wall could be from burning endless candles. they do emmit a black smoke. Just as with smokers, over time a yellowish brown stain covers everything. But candles leave a gray to black film like cigarette smoke and also if they are set close to walls and ceilings. Just like when you light a candle and the flame turns the side of the glass black. I wouldnt worry tho.

To make yourself feel better go get some awesome. Quit quit quit using oven cleaner before you make yourself really sick. You may as well spray it in a plastic bag and put it on your head. You cant keep breathing that stuff in. But just do yourself a favor and go get some awesome and spend a couple days really cleaning your new apartment. Make it yours. But just not in a days time.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Religious candles. Adults put them in ovens at night, so children or animals don’t tip them over and start a fire. They also give out a unique smell. Good luck with cleaning the oven.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks gwen, the apt I live in, I've lived for 12 yrs, not new but does need a good cleaning. The stove came from the apt next door, lucky me.

It seemed the soot marks on the apt next door were bigger than a candle would do, but not sure.

Thanks for your help here. I do feel relieved.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

i did NOT live there very long AFTER that.......worried stuff was gonna climb under the walls and get me!!!
I hear you, I've worried about drugs seeping through the walls since last summer.
Thank God she's out. My poor landlord has went through heck renting that place.
I'm her faithful watchwoman though.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I knew you meant bugs!!! I meant drugs!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 01:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
nerdly

yep sounds like someone loved to cook but hated to clean, awesome does a great job.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Kerosene heaters will turn your walls, curtains, etc., black.
Awesome is awesome!!!!

Penny
Old 04-09-2009, 02:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Before my disabilities got the best of me, I would clean the apts in my building, when someone would move out, for extra cash from my landlords. The lady who lived next door was an immaculate housekeepper, but she had the black marks on her walls too. She was a big time candle burner.

I know I burn a lot of candles in the winter months. Every spring, when I open the house up and do my spring cleaning, I will see some black marks on the walls where the studs are, spaced about oh, every 12 inches or so. I guess it's cause they stick out a tiny bit more, I don't know, but it is from candles. . . I know I'm not cooking dope! lol

And be careful with the over cleaners! BTW, Awesome is some awesome stuff . . .especially for the price.

Hugs,
Judy