Notices

True recovery

Old 03-31-2009, 11:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

True recovery

I've often been banned from online chats and forums because some people don't want to admit that I do have some of the answers. Believe me, I have a lot of mental problems. Some of my problems are from substance abuse. I came up with a method which certainly works for pure substance abuse..... If it works for your mental problems, I think that is great. That is what I want. I will paste the text......

Please realize this text was written in the regard of alcoholism... But it works for all substance abuse... And also for many mental disorders also.... So I can only hope I'm not banned for being a person with a cure like I have been so many times.

Remember, this was written for alcoholics but you can substitute the word "alcohol" with "drugs" or "mental illness..." ... Anything... I KNOW this works.

NOTE: I developed this method myself in regard to alcoholism but I know it works for all forms of substance abuse. This is a really easy method.. In fact, by the time you're done reading this, you will be on the path to sobriety whether you like it or not. I know this works. I know you will live a better life after reading this. Please pass the message and story onto others.... I could have easily tried to make money off of this but this is not the point. Help people who suffer as you do by repeating this story......

I am a new user here... but listen to what I say... No matter what your religion or belief... This can help you recover once and for all.

Imagine a mosquito coming towards you... It might carry a disease. You probably think of alcoholism as a disease you have already acquired.

This mosquito has a disease as well, and it will bite you. Let it bite you. But this mosquito has a different disease. Instead of the disease of alcoholism, this mosquito has the disease of sobriety.

After it bites you, you might not feel the effects right away. It might be like being in a foreign country and getting one of their flu viruses that you're not familiar with. It might take several days to feel the effect. But the mosquito has bitten you. It's virus is in you now, whether you like it or not.

This bug has the disease of sobriety. You have been bitten. You will probably not see any effect for several days... But it is in your blood now, just like the alcohol virus was before. Now, you have the sobriety virus in your system.

I know many, most people, will say I am wrong about this. But those who have bitten will know that it is true. If you have been bitten by the sobriety bug, you will know soon. You won't be able to get rid of it with doctors or medicine. Just like how nothing could help you when you were bitten the first time, nothing will change the outcome this time. The bug has bitten you.

Feel it. Accept it. The sobriety bug has bitten you. You might not feel it in the first few days but you will certainly feel it soon. Instead of feeling to the way of the alcohol bug, you will feel the opposite. You will feel that you are pulled that you feel sick when you aren't sober. It probably won't happen all at once.

But it's too late. It's in your blood. Just like the other one was. Now, you are going to start to feel sick when you're not sober. It will be bad or strange at first... You might not be able to quit drinking all at once. But this new virus is going to make you feel that you just can't wait until you don't drink anymore. You'll actually feel worse a little bit when you drink.

Once you have recovered, you should tell other people this story. You should always try to help others out once you find the solution. I know you are going to have a good life.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

My experience has been that when something appears to good to be true, it usually is.

A cure for alcoholism...??? A cure for mental illness..???? The person who truly had such a cure would be making millions. Self knowledge, meditation, and such are nice and can be helpful to recovery but true recovery is not as simple as thinking a problem away. If people had that much power we would all be millionaires, there would be no war, famine, hate, or crime. It is a nice pipe dream. Just my humble opinion
Old 04-01-2009, 08:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I wonder why you need to pull so much rejection into your life. No one is banned from a forum for having an 'answer'. They are banned because of their approach.
You back this up by saying you know you are crazy..which what..gives you permission to say anything?
Recovery is very personal. Everyone has a right to find their own truth and what works for them.
what concerns me about your post is that there might be someone out there who is at risk ( mental health etc) and needs professional care as well as a caring enviornment to expore their feelings. Some of what you say seems shame based to me. I hope others who read this do not feel they are not trying hard enough because they do not have what you say you have found.
Leslie