Hope in small packages

Old 03-29-2009, 07:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hope in small packages

AS is doing OK for as much as I can tell.
I've tried very hard to leave his plan to him, but can say that he has been a part of the family...and has tried to be pleasant and respect my boundaries in the home.

He's doing the sub route, and it seems to be working for him.

A funny thing happened tonight.
I've been under the weather, I'm not sure what it is but it hurts physically (joints and such) and I'm exhausted. I've been slipping in my optimism as a result of not feeling 100% I think.

I'll be checking with my doc when I get a chance.

But I've been doing a lot of thinking and praying for something to hold on to.

Tonight I walked upstairs from the basement and saw something on the kitchen floor...a sock.
The sock belongs to my grand daughter (not quite 4), a tiny thing that must have fallen from the laundry basket.

What an innocent and beautiful sight!
A tiny sock...hope...innocence...a sign I think from my HP as to what is important.
I've been holding that sock in my robe pocket all evening.

Have you ever had this happen?
Old 03-29-2009, 07:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is those little things that remind us to be grateful and to count our blessings! Glad that sock was in your path at the right time!

Hope you feel better soon - take care of yourself!

(((hugs)))
Old 03-29-2009, 07:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Cece-

I sure have had things like that happen and when they do it comes at a time when it is much needed. Reminds me that God does have a plan. Sometimes I just wish he could let me in on a little part of it.

How old is your son? I read all these posts and should probably know that. I was just wondering what kind of dosage of sub your son is on? My daughter is taking it also. The first time she was on 12mg a day for 8 months, this time the dosage is higher. Sorry to get off the subject but I was curious.

Gotahavfaith
Old 03-29-2009, 08:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cece1960 View Post
...But I've been doing a lot of thinking and praying for something to hold on to.

Tonight I walked upstairs from the basement and saw something on the kitchen floor...a sock.
The sock belongs to my grand daughter (not quite 4), a tiny thing that must have fallen from the laundry basket.

What an innocent and beautiful sight!
A tiny sock...hope...innocence...a sign I think from my HP as to what is important.
I've been holding that sock in my robe pocket all evening.

Have you ever had this happen?
Love this, love this, love this when it happens!!! He does have his eye on the sparrow and it is very comforting when he shows himself to you.

Hope you're feeling better soon.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
learning to live for me

Thank you for this. Just what I needed.
Love,
Holly
Old 03-30-2009, 01:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Aaaawwwww Cece. I'm so glad that this happened for you. I do understand what you're saying. I get to spend alot of time with my grandbabies and I do think many times, about how they bring me joy and laughter and hope, during these times in my life when I wouldn't have any that counted for much if it weren't for them and their beautiful spirit of innocence and renewal. I literally thank God for them being in my life very often, for these very reasons. Thanks for sharing that.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You tickle my heart with these stories, Cece. That sock was no accident. Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.

Hugs and Smiles of Gratitude
Old 03-30-2009, 07:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I can imagine that cute little sock. How sweet!

I have that happen to me, too. I will pray for HP to comfort me, and I will discover a neat reminder of what is important.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ahhh I love Godincidences!

I know that you know my butterfly stories (for those who don't, at the times when I need it most, butterflies appear in my life, ever since my daughter died) I can just tell you that they continue...amazing times (like just 3 days ago hiking in the mountains of PA...how did a butterfly get there in March?)

Butterflies and so much more...Whenever I ask, I find an answer when the time is right.

Hugs to you Cece, and to sweet, precocious Pickle!

(Oh and I will nag you 'til you go to the doctor...I know you too well, you are just like me in that way and you will put it off forever! So please do as I ask and not as I do; have a doctor check...you're too young for joint pain - get tested for Lymes)