Notices

RLS Help

Old 03-12-2009, 06:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Go Browns!

RLS Help

So as some of you may know I am detoxing. I have spent crazy amounts of money on vitamins and meds to help with the detox. Ihavent bought anything for RLS and its getting pretty bad. I have heard there are OTC meds for this. I would like to know if they work before I go buy it. Any info would be great.
Also how long after quitting opiates did you get energy back? And how long after Did your mood get better if you were irritable/depressed?
Thanks
Old 03-12-2009, 06:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

It's strange, but since I stopped drinking (9 months ago), my RLS has stopped all on its own. I have a friend who has it bad and he told me of something he's taking for it and it works well. I'll find out what it is and let you know.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

nallabelle,

I started taking Milk Thistle (175mg, 3 times/day to help clean out my liver) and St. John's Wort ( 2x150mg 3 times/day to enhance my mood) today. These were recommended by a friend of mine who has gone through this before and is still clean today. Not so sure about the RLS... I think tonight if I get it, I'm gonna jog up and down my stairs to wear out my legs. Hopefully, that helps.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Actually, I noticed drinking tons of water throughout the day and night helps with RLS. Stay hydrated. I mean drink water till you have to pee every 30 mins or so. Seems to help with anything in regards to the w/d.