Notices

Free

Old 03-11-2009, 11:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Free

Where do addicts find or get drugs for FREE!!!!! I am just wondering where, how, and who addicts get free drugs from. I've posted many times before and I've always said my husband doesn't take any of his pay check but, he always seems o get his DOC......But, How???? I't may sound dumb but, I was just curious!

Thanks
Old 03-11-2009, 11:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Go Browns!

Your husband may not be getting them for free. I fooled my family so many ways when buying drugs you wouldnt believe it.
If I ever did get them for free it was because I traded (i get a prescription for klonipin and I would trade them for pain pills) or if a NON ADDICT had some from a surgery or something they usually would just give them to me. Otherwise, if your husband is doing drugs then he is finding a way to buy them without "taking money out". Like getting cash back at the grocery store. I used to do that all the time.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

..you sure your getting his whole paycheck?
Addicts have great abilities in deception.It's almost a superpower..for a while.
They can trade things, barter, scam, sell, steal, get fronts, backs, sideways.
I've done the all...Thank God that's over...at least today.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Im sorry I didn't know it was inappropriate. Anvil I always value your opinion as well as others. Let me know if I should remove the topic. I also posted on the fam and friends board. But, if it offensive of inappropriate I will remove the info... SORRY
Old 03-11-2009, 04:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
i'm sorry, but that is a really inappropriate topic for discussion on a substance abuse forum.
I respectfully disagree as long as it is talked about in the proper format.
Not to give someone ideas, but how someone is able to hide the ability to purchases from significant others.

The stereo type of drug addicts is not an accurate dipiction. We are clever. Addicts plan ahead, manipulate, scheme, plot....you get what I am saying. My family had no idea, none. I sold drugs to buy drugs. Not proud of that fact at all. I was supplying the tools to help someone ruin their life. That's neither here nor there.
There is no free ride when it comes to drugs, I have yet to meet a dealer that gives them away. I'll bet if you put on your mind to it you'd probably find the answers to you question. I think that sometimes the human mind over looks the obvious as a defense mechanism, to protect us from a truth that might hurt. I left clues all over the place, had my family looked a bit deeper they would have found out I was up to something.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

The reason I hit my thanks button after Anvil's reply was because it's on the Substance Abuse Forum.On the friends and family, I don't think there would be any "problems."

UNHAPPY, I don't feel you have any reason to apologize, ok? I just think the F & F would be a better forum, ok?:ghug3

Don't want anyone to ever feel like they were "wrong" in asking questions to help you understand a loved one's disease.

God Bless,
Judy
Old 03-11-2009, 06:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

i'm confused again
Old 03-11-2009, 11:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey there UNHAPPY-----

I just thought I'd throw my 2 cents into the ring....

I think this is the perfect forum for this question; who better to ask about getting 'free' drugs than another addict.....I certainly wouldn't ask the F&F's; how would they know all the in's and out's of an addict's ways.....lol Only an addict could give you the real low-down on how we (addicts) have gotten 'free' stuff in the past.

You've gotten a lot of insight into the question as to whether there are 'free' drugs out there, from a lot of folks here, and I can't think of much more to add to the mix. I was always a pretty good 'Wimpy' at getting stuff.....u know; I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a gram or two today.....ha ha ha. ....or the ever popular quid pro quo; and you can just imagine what the quid's and/or what the quo's were.....

.....again, UNHAPPY, I just wanted to assure you that, at least for me anyway, this was the perfect forum for this convo...... (o:

NoelleR

f
Old 03-12-2009, 12:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

yeah there are ways to get 'free' drugs that are a lot worse than taking money out of his pay check...not good!
Old 03-12-2009, 11:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Noelle R ....Thank you for your support. I have actually gotten a lot of good feedback from the F&F boards. I think a lot of people wanted to ask the question but, were afraid. I would hate to give anyone information on obtaining drugs. My prayers and heart goes out to anyone suffering though addiction. I myself have never been addicted to anything except French Fries and after a lot of hard work and determination I lost 65 pound on my own but, it was a life long struggle. I am thankful to all of you here on SR through you I have gained greater courage, power and most of all knowledge.

Thanks Guys
Old 03-12-2009, 11:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Go Browns!

Good luck. Please keep us updated on your husband!
Old 03-12-2009, 11:17 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Friend

Hey unhappy....I don't think it's wrong to ask this question....but maybe you could PM some of the recovering addicts you see around the addiction board and ask them if they feel comfortable privately discussing. I don't have a problem with your desire to seek info out in order to help yourself deal with your husband's problems...it's just that a ? like this could get taken out of context, and you may get taken advantage of by someone w/either the wrong intentions...or just in active addiction and desperate for their next fix.

This could also be a trigger w/in an open substance abuse forum. Don't get me wrong - alot of issues discussed here could set an addict off, but this one perhaps a bit more blatant. That being said, if you truly are 'investigating' i'd look at bank/cell statements, addt'l accounts, stories that don't add up....just b/c something is free...doesn't mean he ain't payin'!

Take it from this self-confessed codie...don't spend too much time wondering where/why/when he's doing what he's doing. I know you're concerned, I know you love him, I know you want to make him better and save your relationship, make it picture perfect. I know somewhere in there you still see that man you fell in love with and you just cannot give up on him....but right now, you need to focus on you. What do YOU want/need? What lengths are you willing to go to here to help him, w/o losing yourself and your happiness? Where does the line get drawn? And when will enough be enough? It's so easy to form your own addiction...to fixing him.