Notices

Recovery Update/Quitting Oxy

Old 03-09-2009, 05:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Recovery Update/Quitting Oxy

Howdy ya'll,

Just wanted to give an update. I went "c/t" (that didn't last too long) off 150mgs/day of Oxycodone a few weeks ago and have since had to take a 1/2 (15mgs) to get a few hours of sleep every now & then (about every other night). The RLS/insomnia is the worst part for me. Also, I still feel a bit mentally fragile but, just as I was told, with each day I feel better. My goal is still to get 100% clean.

I am glad I shared on this site as well as with a couple buddies as I need that sense of accountability. When I shared with these two buddies I was surprised how empathetic they were as well as how common this situation (prescription drug abuse) has become. Hopefully, I will start getting more sleep. It's a vicious cycle as I want to be productive mentally & physically so I can sleep but I am so tired and lethargic it is hard to get/stay motivated.

So, I wanted to say thanks to those who posted their candid thoughts and advice and I will try and give that back to other members.

Take it easy, C
Old 03-09-2009, 06:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck to you. I hope you can keep to a plan. I could not go cold turkey either.
It made me freak out severly. I have 7 months totally clean and life does get a lot better wo being dependent. Oxys will really screw you up. AA has helped me alot.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thx - In hindsight I probably should have tapered from the get-go but....shoulda coulda woulda.

Yes, I think being clean and getting back to my old angst-ridden life :-) is the call.

LOVE the Chappelle picture.