Notices

Quitting smoking pot

Old 03-08-2009, 08:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quitting smoking pot

Still having a tuff time quiting the green. I still haven't relapsed, but i still crave it.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Many others here have experienced the same cravings. they can share their ESH with you here.

I'm glad you joined us!

Shalom!
Old 03-12-2009, 02:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good job quitting it Nate, how long has it been now?

And as far as the craving's go, are you doing anything in place of smoking it? While the cravings are natural, (and a PITA) we need to work on replacing those bad habits with better ones, and for some people, just talking about it with others who have been there helps with craving's too.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You're stronger then me... I feel like I need my crutch daily. Beats xanax,a ssri,or trazodone. But I dream of a totaly drug-free existance too, unfortunately I don't see it in my cards. Goodluck on your journey.. You can do it!!
Old 03-12-2009, 01:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

As long as your desire to stay clean is stronger than your desire to use, just don't pick up and the craving does pass.

Cravings pass just like they come on. Exposing the urge to someone who understands my desire to stay clean helps me immediately. The sooner I tell...the sooner it passes.

It's been over three years now for me and the cravings have gone. I no longer have a desire to use.

Honesty works!

Willing to do whatever it takes,
Missy
Old 03-12-2009, 05:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ya well its only been 3 weeks.....my wife says she doesnt mind if i do it every two weeks.... but im debating..... i was doing it every day
Old 03-12-2009, 06:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

are you quitting for her or yourself?
Old 03-12-2009, 06:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Weed is pretty high skool, dude. Best just give it up.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Highschool or not... I like it
Well ya mainly for her
Old 03-12-2009, 08:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
The Long Climb

The cravings will still be there for a while. Eventually they'll get less intense and farther between.

I use distraction to get past them. And found new hobbies that would not be possible stoned.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Dude, where's my car?
Old 03-14-2009, 04:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

While weed may be a little "highschool"... you can't just denounce it, while seemlingly praising other drugs as more mature... I know plenty of people of all ages who smoke for all kinds of different reasons... not everyone smokes just to play videogames.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

I just find weed kinda silly. But hey, I'm a silly guy. I just don't smoke weed cuz it makes me stupider. If you wanna do bonghits and jell out to Jerry Springer then by all means, go right ahead and smoke up. I'd prefer to keep my limited wits about me and not binge on twinkies though. I ain't condemning the weedheads. I just kinda see weed as an annoyance and I see stoners as kinda silly. But that's just me, dude.

Whoa, look at that rock !!

Old 03-14-2009, 07:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

windysan - Why are you on a support board if your only here to criticize? Not every "stoner" sits at home all day staring at the wall... or even taking "bonghits and jell out to Jerry Springer" while they "binge on twinkies."

Its additive to some people like heroine and alcohol are to others. If your on an addiction support forum, then you should show respect to those going thru the same battle even if they are addicted to a substance that you find "silly". If you can't do that.. DON'T PARTICIPATE IN THE DISCUSSIONS.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:07 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Go Browns!

I personally think the key with weed is moderation. If your wife is cool with it then good but if you cant handle the moderation then just stay away. Get a new hobby and that will take your mind off it.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:49 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Originally Posted by kj1951 View Post
windysan - Why are you on a support board if your only here to criticize? Not every "stoner" sits at home all day staring at the wall... or even taking "bonghits and jell out to Jerry Springer" while they "binge on twinkies."

Its additive to some people like heroine and alcohol are to others. If your on an addiction support forum, then you should show respect to those going thru the same battle even if they are addicted to a substance that you find "silly". If you can't do that.. DON'T PARTICIPATE IN THE DISCUSSIONS.
I'm just pointing out that weed smoking is silly(in my humble, clown-like opinion). Some people think it is addictive and that is a good reason not to smoke it. As far as dope goes I think that the demon weed ranks pretty darn low on the danger scale when compared to blow, heroin, booze, etc. I don't care if people smoke it. Some people wear toilet seats around their necks and talk to beings from other planets too and I don't care much about their conversations with APOLLO VX 33 and pals either. Ain't no way I can stop this feller from smoking dope. He's gotta want to quit. I think that by pointing out the goofiness of sophomoric weed smokin maybe I'll help him resist it. I find most stoners to be silly and kinda annoying sometimes. But hey, that's just me, and I'm only perfect sometimes.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:28 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey say what you will but nothing made me as paranoid, depressed, and self-concious as weed did. Having said that I know some people who seemed to never experience any negative feelings from smoking weed. It's personal though and I can say without a doubt I was addicted to weed mentally and would crave it.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:50 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Weed made it so i didnt have any money for food. Id be eating chicken gizzerds and chicken livers, because weed came first.
Keep in mind , some dealers sprinkle crytal into thier weed.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:21 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

nater:

I'd asked if you were quitting for her or for yourself.

your answer:
Well ya mainly for her
this is your clue.

To stop such a deeply personal choice it must come from your own heart for yourself.

Sure, others can motivate us (getting arrested, employers can fire ya, spouses divorce, etc) but it is when YOU choose to stop because you WANT to then it will be real.

Addicts do what they WANT to do. People do what they WANT to do.

Also they won't do what they don't want to do.

Bottom line is for you to decide for yourself if you are an addict or have a problem AND if you WANT to do anything about it.

She doesnt smoke the joints for ya...and she's not going to NOT smoke them for ya either.

food for thought,
Missy
Old 03-15-2009, 05:52 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Originally Posted by emmer View Post
Weed made it so i didnt have any money for food. Id be eating chicken gizzerds and chicken livers, because weed came first.
Keep in mind , some dealers sprinkle crytal into thier weed.
Joe, dude, chicken gizzards and chicken livers are good eatin !! In the Southern USA these foods are top shelf !!

I remember the munchies....dang....I'd put the hurt on fried peanut butter and banana sammiches with a slice of ham and mayo after getting stoned. Gimme dat and some old "Rat Patrol" reruns and I was okay. LOL. Stoners are so silly.