Notices

honeymoon period.............

Old 03-07-2009, 08:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Right Where I am Suppose to be

Question honeymoon period.............

I've been sober 2 days off 2 months & its been great. I joined AA been going to 4/5 meetings a week making friends,PEACE of mindBUt OMG what' s happening. I was doing so well everyone said so, has it all gone to my head did i let my guard down. The monster is back.......Panic attacks, sweats, AGGRAVATION. I even decided last night to SLIP taht would teach my huband right, remind him what a nasty evil drunk i am.....! Loop holes that's what i'm looking for , I'm not cured i never will be. I cunderstand this but my husbad doent, he's jealous that i'm going to so many meetings, making friends, we are fighting again but it over AA not booze.I dont understand i'm a different peron i was liking my self ...cant he see this why is he jealous? why wont he conform He wont speak to anyone i tried to explain it will help my recovery he doesnt want to know doesnt want to relive it all
Old 03-07-2009, 08:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This too shall pass...

(Feel free to e-punch me in the face for that; I know any time somebody tosses a slogan my way when I'm irritated I feel like it sometimes)

Has your husband ever considered trying something like Alanon or CoDA?
Old 03-07-2009, 08:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on your sober time!
It's been over a month for me, and this demon shows up still. Some times it's random. Maybe it's just too much of a change all at once for your husband? I mean, some of us stop drinking and then all kinds of things in our lives change. Just don't stop taking care of yourself for someone else, I don't know what to say.
Hello by the way, I'm Belinda
Old 03-07-2009, 08:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Sampar,

I think you just need to focus on your recovery. Your husband is on his path, and you can't change his thinking. It's really hard for others to understand addiction and recovery, so that's why it's good to come here and read and post. I think that your husband probably sees you changing and that's something he is afraid of. You just need to stay focused on you.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

He won't conform because he's a guy and we guys have a hard time with conformity.

Ain't life grand?

Sometimes I really feel for the womenfolk who put up with us.