Notices

This Is Gonna Hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-15-2009, 05:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry This Is Gonna Hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been away for awhile. Never could quite give up the vicodin. It is time. I need some encouragement. Can't stand the thought of being depressed and sick. I realize that Vicodin just creates this terrible fog/haze that just gets me through the day. I just want to be free of this. Any help would be appreciated! How long will the withdrawals last?
Old 02-15-2009, 06:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

dylfrog,

I just want to congratulate you on your decision to get clean. There are many on these boards who can give you the specifics (much better than I) and there are many previous threads that you can review to get the facts.

However, I couldn't read your post and not at least post a word of encouragement. Please keep posting. It would be an honor to encourage along the way!
Old 02-15-2009, 06:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

dylfrog, it depends on how much you're on and how long you've been taking them. Have you ever been through w/d before? You'll want to lay in some supplies. Fluids are most important, tylenol or ibuprophen for aches (yes, it will help some), immodium, food that's easy on your stomach, and a supply of clean p.j.s for the sweats. Extra blankets and clean sheets are also a good idea. Plan to spend some time in a hot bath. Anything that provides a little comfort is a good thing.

Good for you and your decision to find your freedom. I'd strongly suggest you find some f2f support (NA is a good place to start), as we seem to have good forgetters. No matter how bad withdrawal was for me, I could forget it when temptation presented itself.

Peace & Love,
Sugah