Notices

Lack of energy...

Old 02-12-2009, 01:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lack of energy...

Lately I have no energy. I wake up at 10:30 a.m and feel very sluggish. I move about the house like a Zombie. I used to wake up around 7 a.m ready for the world. I haven't been outside in the past 2 days. I have to help my mom with food shopping, so I'm forced to go out tomorrow. I'm wondering if I'm still experiencing Suboxone withdrawals.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What's suboxone? I've never heard of it.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't know about the suboxone, specifically, but I know that people who have come off of opiates, here, have complained about the lack of energy, a lot. I don't know this first hand, but I'm sure someone will be along, soon, that has some experience.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 02-12-2009, 05:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
I don't know about the suboxone, specifically, but I know that people who have come off of opiates, here, have complained about the lack of energy, a lot. I don't know this first hand, but I'm sure someone will be along, soon, that has some experience.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
It's just odd that I experience this now after 20+ days off of the drug. I know it's a long acting opiate and all but I think the withdrawals should be over with by now.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Oh, Davy--you just described my day, and I'm not withdrawing from anything! Maybe it's a change in weather, or a vitamin deficiency, or maybe you just needed to sleep.

I find that when I have a "blah" day that if I "act as if" and get up, do things, I can shake it off much easier. But, if I give in to it and lay around doing little (like today), I end up going through the whole day like that.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 02-12-2009, 05:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I agree with sugah. Also, it can take several months for our bodies chemistry to right itself.

Hang in there!

Peace,
Missy
Old 02-12-2009, 05:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

why did you come off the suboxone? i was on a suboxone progam at one place with 1 dr. and it was too fast about a 4 wek detox. and then i went to a much better dr. a psychiatrist and he put me on a much longer program and it turns out i needed much more suboxone than the 1st dr. gave me. the 1st dr. only gave me 4mg. a day with a 1 month taper and that set me up for relapse big time.
the 2nd dr. had me on 7 8mg. sublingual tabs a day for over 6 months before putting me on methadone, wich has done wonders for me. but he says i am a very unusual case. only 1 out of hundrds who actually functions alot better on opiates. go figure. but he has people on his suboxone program for over 2 years sometimes. a year is recomended but everybody is different. i may be different becuase i have a bad chronic pain condition. i hope this helps. i know its a real bitch gettin off that kinda stuff, im here for ya anytime.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Now with fewer opiates!

Davy, I am SO on your page. I'm 30 days off sub and still feel like a truck hit me sometimes, mostly in the afternoon, early evening. I really believe it's still some post acute stuff going on, I just have to make myself move.

I do find once I am up if I can take a short walk outdoors it seems to help.

Glad it ain't just me, I remain your faithful servant,
Old 02-12-2009, 07:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Do you think you are depressed?? I know that will make a person sleep a lot. Do you have a job or reason to get up and go in the morning?? I know from watching the news and seeing the economy & the way things are going in the world right now can really get to a person!!!!

I think my sluggishness is from taking 16 mg of Suboxone (trying to cut back, but so far, not doing so well), and I also take a .5 xanax at bedtime. I notice I sleep later on the weekends now. I am up at 5:30am every day..but Sat and Sun I find I can sleep until 8am, which is late for me.

I just started going back to Gold's and I notice I feel a lot better! Drinking more fluids...flushing that crap out of my body...and exercise...makes me feel 100% better. Energy promotes energy. Perhaps if you can force yourself to get up and work out every day. Do you work? Have hobbies? Anything that makes you feel happy and gets your mind off "stuff" is always nice!!!

Take care and I hope you feel better soon. Have you tried Starbucks? I feel the Carmel Machiatto is the answer to all problems!!! lol!
Old 02-13-2009, 09:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Friend

MROBI- did i read that correctly...7 X 8 mg (56 mg) suboxone pills daily?!?! :wtf2That is BY FAR the highest dose I have ever heard of--- Suboxone has a 'ceiling effect' which allows for the most minimal dose you can tolerate to be most effective. The highest dose I have ever heard was 32 mgs (4X8 mg pills daily) and that was in the case of a person who had a HUGE opiate habit. Even for pain management...that seems like an EXTREMELY high dose...especially considering suboxone is not actaully recommended for pain management and has been shown to not give very good pain control. I'm glad that you have switched to Methdaone which is hopefully helping more to control your pain? Can I ask what dose you are on? I would be VERY weary of a dr who was giving you that much sub!!!!!!!!!! (sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread --- but that really took me by suprise!)
Old 02-13-2009, 09:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

As Shells said the maxium dose is 32mg. Anything over that really will not do anything for you. I took 32 mg for the first few days then started to tapper pretty painlessly until I was at about 12mg then I started to go slower. If thats the case I would switch Dr's., Either he's an idiot or just wants your money

As for you Dave I would go to the store and pick up a bottle of B12 vitamins. the B12 will definetily help boost your energy as well as a number of other things. Naked juice is also very good to drink if you are lacking energy. usually this can be found at GNC or at another local nutrition store.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Shellslove View Post
MROBI- did i read that correctly...7 X 8 mg (56 mg) suboxone pills daily?!?! :wtf2That is BY FAR the highest dose I have ever heard of--- Suboxone has a 'ceiling effect' which allows for the most minimal dose you can tolerate to be most effective. The highest dose I have ever heard was 32 mgs (4X8 mg pills daily) and that was in the case of a person who had a HUGE opiate habit. Even for pain management...that seems like an EXTREMELY high dose...especially considering suboxone is not actaully recommended for pain management and has been shown to not give very good pain control. I'm glad that you have switched to Methdaone which is hopefully helping more to control your pain? Can I ask what dose you are on? I would be VERY weary of a dr who was giving you that much sub!!!!!!!!!! (sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread --- but that really took me by suprise!)
You're right. I don't even think a doctor would even prescribe 56 mg of Suboxone. Most people only need to be on 12-16 mg. These are people using heroin. I couldn't even tolerate those doses. Even 2 mg make me tired. Which is why I had to get off of that stuff.

As for today, I feel a bit better. Some of my energy came back. Maybe I just need to find some things to do.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

DaveyDave, I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm feeling very lethargic, maybe even worse than last week. I guess that we abused our bodies/brains for a long time, even though you're not in acute w/d, this may be the transition of getting back to normal.

And once you're "normal", there will be good days and bad days.