Filing for divorce....thank goodness!

Old 02-11-2009, 01:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Filing for divorce....thank goodness!

I haven't been here in a while so I thought I'd post an update and say hello to all of the wonderful people in this forum!

My H and I reconciled after my car accident in November. He didn't drink until about 10 days ago but in that time he verbally attacked both of our children (D12 and S8) and I told him that he'd crossed the line with me and I wanted nothing more to do with him. On Saturday morning, he held me hostage in the restroom for 45 minutes and when I tried to push my way out of the restroom, he attacked me and ripped my shirt. My aunt heard the assault and called the police but then we left and told them never mind.

He moved out Saturday after verbally attacking me again....horrible names he called me.

I am relieved. I am excited. He can NEVER, EVER hurt me again. He is not allowed in my space and I will never let him be alone with my children. H threatened to kill himself to our D12 and my counselor said she had to report that to CPS. I got her out as soon as it happened so there should not be any repercussions for me and my H is too weak and selfish to even try to fight me for custody or visitation. He also attempted suicide last year which will not work in his favor.

I started a new diet on January 5th and I have lost 25.6 pounds in 38 days. I am thrilled with my progress and have about 50 pounds to go!!! I'll get there. I am incredibly determined to get healthy. My H is insanely jealous and the weight loss put him over the edge...because I wasn't doing it for him...I am doing it for ME and my health.

I have everything I need and I'm in a good spot financially. I am blessed to have family and friends who love and support me and our children. I am in counseling at the domestic violence center and their legal advocate is going to help me with my divorce. We're hoping Legal Aid will pick up my case and it's very likely that they will.

It had to get to a really bad place but I believe our future will be blessed and bright.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

WOW!...25.6 pounds in 38 days, that's amazing! Congratulations on that weight loss, and the extra about 200lbs as well (that would be the AH)!

CLMI
Old 02-11-2009, 01:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

from catlovermi: "and the extra about 200lbs as well (that would be the AH)!"

LOL!

Sunflower -- good for you.
Easy does it.
Slow and steady!!

Keep safe!
peace,
b
Old 02-11-2009, 05:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

sunflower, great to hear from you and glad you're taking steps to get healthy, strong, and free.

Be careful....watch your back and make sure he doesn't try to approach you or the kids right now. Sounds like he is very unstable and I would use extra caution (change your locks if you haven't yet, change your routine, etc.) People unstable enough to threaten suicide are unstable enough to do other stupid things.

Not to worry you -- just adding to all of your new tools!
Old 02-11-2009, 08:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GiveLove View Post
sunflower, great to hear from you and glad you're taking steps to get healthy, strong, and free.

Be careful....watch your back and make sure he doesn't try to approach you or the kids right now. Sounds like he is very unstable and I would use extra caution (change your locks if you haven't yet, change your routine, etc.) People unstable enough to threaten suicide are unstable enough to do other stupid things.

Not to worry you -- just adding to all of your new tools!
Yes, GL, my H is very unstable. He has been talking about suicide for about a year and nearly succeeded in June of 2008. I know there is nothing I can do to stop him. My fear is him taking me with him. I am being as cautious as possible and will get a restraining order if the need arises.

Thank you all for your responses and good wishes!
Old 02-12-2009, 01:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just wanted to wish you and your children happiness and safety xxx