Notices

The last two days were horrible . . .

Old 02-11-2009, 01:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The last two days were horrible . . .

But I think I'm better this morning.

Sunday was Day 9 off suboxone, and despite taking ambien (and then xanax and otc sleeping pills at midnight) I slept about 2 hours. Off to work I went, barely functioning. Monday night (Day 10) was more of the same, except that I got about 3 1/2 hours of sleep after taking 15mg of ambien.

I'd taken a week off to kick the suboxone, but didn't really experience the sleep issues until towards the end of the first week. When I got back to work, found the usual pile up plus a couple extra projects. Also, have tons of homework and tests, writing papers, etc. due.

I have to say that on Monday morning it crossed my mind - maybe if I took just a little suboxone, I'd make it through the day. I decided that no, I could wait. Just see how the day goes. When I got home, wanted it desperately, but decided again to wait. After all, I was heading to bed. If I was going to slip, may as well use the time to get stuff done. More of the same on Tuesday.

I'd also decided that if I was going to use suboxone again, I was going to post it FIRST. Say, what do y'all think, about me using it one time after 10 or 11 days clean off subs, because I feel like h*ll and not sure if I'll make it? I gotta say, trying to work with no sleep in the second week I felt worse than I did in the first week of w/d. I had the usual edgy feeling, couldn't sit still, lethargic, tired, but curiously not sleepy (so couldn't even go to the car for a nap).

Well, I never did do the post. And I never did use (suboxone or anything else). I had decided in the beginning of this that if I couldn't get off sub the first time I tried, it would be ok as long as I didn't use my DOC. But, many thanks to everyone. Even though I didn't do the post, I was committed to doing a post before using suboxone again, and even as I was thinking of how I could word it to justify why I needed it, I knew what y'all would say. Feeling utterly ridiculous, I'd put it off "till morning" or "till tomorrow". Two days of misery, probably the worst days of my w/d, but I think I'm better.

Last night I think I got about 5 1/2 hours of sleep. I look for progress . . . my sleep issues went from 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 to 5 1/2. I'm hoping to get to a normal sleep pattern without meds in a week or two. And at the moment, gotta say, I think I feel "normal" for the first time.

Thanks again, everyone. Life is sooooo good . . .
Old 02-11-2009, 04:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I'm so happy for you hopeful! And getting some decent sleep - what heaven. Subs certainly don't sound very easy to get off of.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

One foot in front of the other...

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 02-11-2009, 09:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nice work. And yah, the sleep issues are pretty much the last thing to let go. Takes a while before your brain stops overproducing adrenaline and comes back into balance.

Glad to hear you're feeling better, sounds like you've turned a corner here
Old 02-11-2009, 10:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I couldn't sleep worth a damn now I fall asleep in minutes and sleep all night. Great job !
Old 02-11-2009, 12:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow 5 1/2 hours of sleep is great! That's really cool, Hopeful.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeah 5.5 hours is pretty good, I am glad you are feeling better. I am sorry about days 9 and 10, I would have thought you would be feeling a lot better by then, but maybe not. Anyhow good thing you did not take any or you would probably be back to the begining with me.
It may be best to just throw the rest of them out so you don't fall victim to that problem again. Well, take care
Old 02-11-2009, 05:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks all . . . I'm still not feeling quite right. Thanks for the explanation, BV, didn't really think about why I can't sleep, just knew it was a part of the w/d. I don't remember having these issues when I was younger!

Every day, a little better. I guess I thought it would be a few days or a week of w/d, then normal. Instead, it was mild w/d for a week, then gradually feeling better every day.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful62 View Post
But I think I'm better this morning.

Sunday was Day 9 off suboxone, and despite taking ambien (and then xanax and otc sleeping pills at midnight) I slept about 2 hours. Off to work I went, barely functioning. Monday night (Day 10) was more of the same, except that I got about 3 1/2 hours of sleep after taking 15mg of ambien.

I'd taken a week off to kick the suboxone, but didn't really experience the sleep issues until towards the end of the first week. When I got back to work, found the usual pile up plus a couple extra projects. Also, have tons of homework and tests, writing papers, etc. due.

I have to say that on Monday morning it crossed my mind - maybe if I took just a little suboxone, I'd make it through the day. I decided that no, I could wait. Just see how the day goes. When I got home, wanted it desperately, but decided again to wait. After all, I was heading to bed. If I was going to slip, may as well use the time to get stuff done. More of the same on Tuesday.

I'd also decided that if I was going to use suboxone again, I was going to post it FIRST. Say, what do y'all think, about me using it one time after 10 or 11 days clean off subs, because I feel like h*ll and not sure if I'll make it? I gotta say, trying to work with no sleep in the second week I felt worse than I did in the first week of w/d. I had the usual edgy feeling, couldn't sit still, lethargic, tired, but curiously not sleepy (so couldn't even go to the car for a nap).

Well, I never did do the post. And I never did use (suboxone or anything else). I had decided in the beginning of this that if I couldn't get off sub the first time I tried, it would be ok as long as I didn't use my DOC. But, many thanks to everyone. Even though I didn't do the post, I was committed to doing a post before using suboxone again, and even as I was thinking of how I could word it to justify why I needed it, I knew what y'all would say. Feeling utterly ridiculous, I'd put it off "till morning" or "till tomorrow". Two days of misery, probably the worst days of my w/d, but I think I'm better.

Last night I think I got about 5 1/2 hours of sleep. I look for progress . . . my sleep issues went from 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 to 5 1/2. I'm hoping to get to a normal sleep pattern without meds in a week or two. And at the moment, gotta say, I think I feel "normal" for the first time.

Thanks again, everyone. Life is sooooo good . . .
It will get better. youre doing great. It took me about 3 weeks to start feeling alot better. Maybe it will be a day or two and you will fell alot better.