Notices

Good time last night

Old 02-08-2009, 03:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good time last night

I went to a small school reunion with about 13 old school friends from 1980 - eek!!! It was my first time out since stopping this time and my day 5. I drove there so i wouldn't be tempted to drink, and managed fine for the whole evening. It was so good to get up feeling fine (with a hungover husband next to me,. but hey he doesn't have the problem I do, so it's fine by me!) Anyway, just wanted to share..also, I didn't have to 'explain' nothing as no-one there has known me as a 'drinker' so I was just me from school!!

xx
Old 02-08-2009, 04:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Well done and good on you getting back out there. Im still so grateful to wake up without a hangover and without fear, regret and remorse from the night before. So nice to wake up sayng ............"Hello world.......bring it on!!! lol
Old 02-08-2009, 05:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Awesome job on getting through that sober. I went to a 10 year reunion a few months back and found there was another friend in the program so that helped.

My best advice about going to these events is of course taking your own car, bringing a sober friend with you and making sure you are on good spiritual ground. If all those are good you are in a good place.

Keep coming and posting. That was inspirational at 5 days sober.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you!
Old 02-08-2009, 05:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi

That is great, you must feel fab today...x
Old 02-08-2009, 08:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I do feel great - I have also just been out to the pub for a lunchtime drink with my family and again, stuck to (expensive!) soft drinks. we walked too so it could have been harder.

Hoping this is going to continue!

x
Old 02-08-2009, 08:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Resident

Way to go Cool. Others drinking is something that is always going to be something we have to deal with and you are doing great at it. I think it is criminal what restaurants charge for soft drinks and how the servers seem to look at you when you don't order alcohol.
I get that they make more money when everyone is boozing but that is no reason to view non drinking customers with disdain.
It really ticks me off.